INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist does not respect Track Links in shuffle  (Read 1211 times)

jonjski

• Recent member
Smartlist does not respect Track Links in shuffle
« on: March 25, 2018, 02:00:33 am »

I upgraded from MC 21 (master) to the latest version of MC 23 (master) today.  I listen primarily to Classical Music and my music tracks are extensively linked.  I selected the Smartlist that I use to play tracks I have not played, and not one track link was respected in the entire list.  MC 21 still respects all track links in the same list.  I've reviewed all the forum topics for this problem and played around with various setting in the MC 23 Smartlist editor to no avail.  I experienced this same problem when I test drove MC 22, and decided not to upgrade.  AT this point I am sincerely wishing I'd test drove and provided feedback prior to purchase.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Smartlist does not respect Track Links in shuffle
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 05:54:39 pm »

try installing the latest backup from MC21...take note of the questions asked...also it will need to rebuild thumbnails after, unless you save the data base for the thumbs...not a big deal but this is the forum for the much anticipated arrival of MC24....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 03:09:02 pm »

Odd because my linked tracklists are respected in a shuffled smartlist. But as was pointed out this is the MC24 board.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 09:45:33 am »

Make sure you're on 23.0.103 because of this history item:
Fixed: Complicated tracks linking didn't always work properly.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jonjski

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 02:47:11 am »

MC 23.0.102 was installed by the install routine on initial upgrade.  MC 23 installed 23.0.104 on bootup today.  MC 23 Smartlists do not respect links in shuffle.  MC 21 Smartlists do respect links in shuffle.  To rule out a translation problem from MC 21 to 23 I created the most basic Smartlist in MC 23: All Audio with the Modifier Shuffle.  In the resulting list there is not a single instance of sequential linked tracks.  Assistance in correcting the root of the problem would be greatly appreciated.

swiv3d

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 12:19:23 pm »

I am running 23.0.104 on windows 10 and my sequential linked tracks are presented as I expect in a shuffled list. There is however a new field in the later versions of 23 called Link Start, which is filled in with the value of the starting track of a sequence with the Link field being filled with the next sequential track to be played. I would suggest that you unlink some of your liinked tracks and then relink them and run a smartlist with Link Start >= 1 as one of the selection requirements and then test to see if the shuffle affects them. As I recall version 102 had problems with linked files being duplicated.

jonjski

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2018, 02:52:01 am »

I'm now running MC 24.0.15 on the same PC running Windows 10 64 bit.  I appreciate your suggestion, but I'm sorry to report that selecting several linked selections and breaking and relinking to populate the FIRST LINK field, then creating a test smartlist with the Rule LINK START >= 1 with the modifier SHUFFLE, resulted in another smartlist that does not respect track links.

I have played with all the modifiers in various combinations and none of the resultant lists respects the existing links when SHUFFLE is invoked.  I have broken sets of existing links and reestablished them under MC 24 with no change in effect; the resultant smartlist does not respect track links when the modifier SHUFFLE is invoked.

I am copying this post to the MC 24 for Windows Thread
Pages: [1]   Go Up