INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver freezing  (Read 1167 times)

transmaster

• Recent member
JRiver freezing
« on: March 27, 2018, 02:33:44 pm »

I see this ongoing topic but an older one.  I have had long-standing issues with V 22 freezing during heavy-duty file management and at other odd times.  It seems to lock up when the file management system is verifying the files if I just do a fast scan nothing happens.  I have about 9 TB's of media files spread across 2 SSD's and 4 HD's. I am setting up a new Yamaha AVR's server. I can see nothing in the event log that looks related to JRiver.  I just upgraded to V 23 and I have experienced the same thing. I use the AMD True Audio HDMI interface with the Yamaha, fantastic sound.  Reading through the earlier postings on this subject I did put JRiver in windows defender's safe list.  I have had this issue from the beginning with V 18. I wonder I have always run AMD CPU's could this be a cause of this problem. JRiver is the most powerful player I know of and the only one that works correctly as a music server in my AVR system. 

My system:
ASUS MoBo: Crosshair V Formula Z AM3+ AMD 990FX
CPU: AMD FX-9590 8 core 4.7GHz Black Edition
GPU: Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380 4GB
RAM: 16GHz ADATA XPG DDR3 1600MHz
OS: Windows 10 whatever the latest edition is with all updates.

rolf.bremer

Re: JRiver freezing
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 06:42:49 am »

I also have the same problem, using two different computers (i5 notebook and i3 desktop). It happens most frequently when I´m doing tag maintenance.
My media files are on two USB3.0 HD (8TB and 5TB). My full library has 7TB+ of mostly AIF and DSF files, with some FLAC, MP3 and ISO.
The freezing also occurs rarely when doing plain playing, always when I start browsing the library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up