INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folders  (Read 1206 times)

EfeTe

• Recent member
Folders
« on: March 27, 2018, 11:43:53 pm »

Apologise as I know this is a rather basic one and surely has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to locate the respective thread/s.

I run 23 in a pretty basic application. Windows PC, LAN to my dac (PS Audio DSjr) via ethernet -works a treat and sounds beautiful.

Got quite a bit of music but I already work on 2 specific folders that I prepared and am constantly updating: one named ROCK and the other named JAZZ. Got the 2 folders auto-imported into the library.

Piece of cake huh. The problem is, I am so computer illiterate (guess you can say "technologically challenged" ha!) that I cannot get the 2 folders to co-exist on Library without all the tunes/files getting mixed up.

What I guess I need is, simple instructions as to how to keep my 2 auto-importing folders (ROCK, JAZZ) but in a way that from my JRemote I can choose either folder and play that -not the whole thing mixed up. Having to remove one of the folders and just keep one is a bit of a pain since we are talking several terabytes of music.

Thanks and once again apologies as this should be pretty straightforward huh.

Regards from Argentina

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Folders
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 06:45:31 am »

On the left side, in the tree, click on Audio, then Genres, then Jazz or Rock.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 10:45:20 am »

Jim’s suggestion is the simplest solution. This will work provided you have put the tag Rock or Jazz in the genre field within MC.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

EfeTe

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 01:50:10 pm »

Thanks guys
Pages: [1]   Go Up