INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound problems with Media Center 22  (Read 1954 times)

rakhshani

• Recent member
Sound problems with Media Center 22
« on: March 28, 2018, 05:53:49 pm »

Dear JRiver gurus,

I am new to JRiver so if you like to help me, please explain clearly. And help I desperately need. My sound does not work when I open Media Center 22. It is very strange.

The volume Icon on the menu bar on the upper left of the screen is dysfunctional. Another words, if I raise the volume or lower, I hear the same sound coming out. When I go to system preferences and sound, the output volume is set to maximum and mute is checked. I have no control to change them. Furthermore, I have to blast the volume on my Bose DJ speakers to increase the volume. What is going on please?

I am using media center 22 on Apple Macbook Retina (2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 processor) running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Please help. Thank you!

Why no one answering? Please explain if I need to provide further information. JRiver's web site says that this forum is the only customer support. So what a poor soul like me has to do?

ballpein

• Recent member
Re: Sound problems with Media Center 22
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 03:37:29 pm »

I think I can help you with this, if you haven't solved it already.

- In JRiver, open the Options window (Tools>Options, or CMD+O) and select the Audio tab. 

- Then, under Audio Device, make sure your correct audio device is selected.  If you are using the line output from your Macbook, then either "(Default) [Core Audio])" or "Built-in Output [Core Audio]" should work just fine.

- Next, under Audio Device, click on "...Device Settings".   In the window that opens up, make sure that "Open device with exclusive access" is not selected. 

- Then restart JRiver.   

This should solve your issue, and give you your menu bar volume controls back.   If not, report back and we'll try some more trouble-shooting.

rakhshani

• Recent member
Re: Sound problems with Media Center 22
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 03:45:03 pm »

Yes, it solved the problem. Thank you so much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up