INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live recording shows first song but entire performance plays [Solved -- bad file  (Read 1276 times)

dragon1952

• Recent member

Like the title says, in JRiver 20 live recording of Blue Oyster Cult 'On Your Feet or on Your Knees' shows just first song under both Album and Artist views but the entire CD plays...in other words, it just shows 'Harvester of Eyes' as the only song title with a length of 1 hr 16 min and the other songs aren't listed.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Live recording shows just first song but entire performance plays
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:35:16 am »

Isn't "Subhuman" the first track of 'On Your Feet or on Your Knees'? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Your_Feet_or_on_Your_Knees

So it isn't even identified correctly based on the first track.

Where did you download it from? Many sources that provide live music produce just one file of the whole thing. So I suspect that you have just one file containing all tracks. Either that or the first track is misidentified, but all tracks are linked so they all play together, which could only be done in MC.

If it is just one file, have a read about Particles and Swag of Tools.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

dragon1952

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 12:38:01 pm »

nm

dragon1952

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 09:49:33 pm »

I have JRiver loaded on my main internet computer also and the album/track info showed up correctly on it ....same MC20 version....so I copied the cue and media files from it to my music server but it still shows up as one continuous track there. I found that the reason it was labeled as 'Harvester of Eyes' was because it was tagged with a variable of 'Track 2'  under the heading 'Track #', and track 2 on the CD is indeed Harvester of Eyes. I noticed my other CD's show up with a variable of 'Varies' under 'Track #' but I am unable to edit that field with that variable. So I've still got the same issue. It shows as one continuous track labeled whatever is in the 'Track #' field and does start with Subhuman, which is the correct 1st track. I'm at a loss, and I no longer own the physical CD.
So why am I unable to type in "Various" as the variable in the 'Track #' field? And, if I have it showing as normal on a 2nd computer how can I restore that to the problem computer? Obviously it's more than just an issue of over-writing the que and media files or copying the files to a flash drive and re-importing because that doesn't work either.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 10:18:31 pm »

Right, you definitely have one media file for the whole album if you were using Cue files. Unfortunately, I have ever used Cue files so I can't help. But did you import the Cue files you copied across?

This is all I can add: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cue_Files
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

dragon1952

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 10:22:20 pm »

Yes...I added to my post as you were replying. I copied the que and media files from the 'good' computer and tried both over-writing and re-importing on the 'bad' computer and I still have the same issue.

dragon1952

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 11:10:50 pm »

OK....I've got this resolved  ::)
So...I'm not sure how the original file(s) got screwed up in the first place but on my 'main' (non-dedicated audio) computer where the backup was and where I was trying to restore the cue file from, and where I thought the track info was showing up correctly when I launched JRiver, it was actually showing two file locations.....one single file pointing to C:\Music Backup with the file name 'Harvester of Eyes' and then the correct tracks in order after that pointing to J:\Music which is a drive that no longer exists. So what I was copying over was the same corrupted file on C:\ Anyway, I had a third backup on my wife's computer and when I copied over the files from that directory everything was normal :^ /

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 12:24:13 am »

Sweet.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up