INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Play Audio CD?  (Read 2749 times)

deholt

How To Play Audio CD?
« on: April 03, 2018, 05:12:50 pm »

I know I'm going to end up feeling like an idiot, but I've just got to ask. How in the Heck do you play an audio CD in MC 23 for Linux? If I missed this info already posted, I apologize.
Thanks, and all the best.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How To Play Audio CD?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:03:28 am »

I seem to remember reading a post or 2 noting that MC Linux doesn't have CD ripping capability. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be corrected. A forum search would probably do the job there.

I'd expect that the non-function would include straight playback. I'd suggest that you rip to a preferred format using functional software, then playback with MC.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

deholt

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 07:54:21 am »

Thanks, astromo! After what I thought was a thorough, yet unsuccessful search on the matter, I decided to post the question. Almost immediately thereafter, I saw the thread which would have satisfied. I knew I'd wind up feeling like an idiot... You are correct that MC23 Linux does not, apparently, support access to the CD drive. I'm sure it's being studied by the JRiver development crew. I'll be patient. Thanks again.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 05:27:43 pm »

Wow I've just noticed this as well.
Seriously? We can't play off a CD player in MC23 for Linux (I don't even want to rip at this stage).
Thx...

karim FARAOUN

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 10:15:52 am »

Gasp  :o !

I started looking into the forum for CD ripping issues with Linux / MC 24 after much help search and trials.

Is that the final answer ?

Any date for adding this ?

Thanks all
Pages: [1]   Go Up