INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manage Library Fields (Options) window is too small by default (ThunderStorm)  (Read 1027 times)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen

Hello there, the default size (height) of the window "Manage Library Fields" in Options is too small (see the attached screenshot). If manually enlarged, the next time I open the window its size is set back to default e.g. too small.

Only ThunderStorm and Blue Steel skins seem to be affected.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

What specific version/build of MC are you using?

There have been many fixes to sizing in MC over time, and two specifically for "Manage Library Fields" in MC23;

23.0.19 (7/10/2017)
8. Fixed: The height of the Manage Library Fields tool was not correct on some displays.

23.0.2 (6/9/2017)
9. Changed: Increased the minimum size of the Manage Library Fields tool.

Are you on the latest version, MC23.0.104?

If not, update to that and see if it fixes the issue.

If you are on the latest, provide some information about your screen size, resolution,  Windows size settings, MC font size settings (search for "Font" in Options), MC Size (View > Size on top menu), video card, video driver version... and that should do.

Note I am using the default settings for everything on a high-resolution screen, which is where the problems have usually occurred in the past, and the "Manage Library Fields" works fine.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen

I was on 23.0.103. Tried 23.0.104 with the same result.

As for the requested additional info - as I mentioned this only affect ThunderStorm and Blue Steel skins, in all the others the window is just fine (I tried them all) therefore I can't see any relevance to any other settings. Anyway my display resolution is 1920 x 1200.
I am using ThunderStorm for many many years and I can't remember anything like this.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Okay, I'm seeing the same problem with ThunderStorm and Blue Steel skins. I guess those skins need an update.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

This should be fixed in the next build of MC24.  Good detective work!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up