INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vertical thumbnail images for TV show and season folders  (Read 864 times)

Don W

• World Citizen
Vertical thumbnail images for TV show and season folders
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:13:04 pm »

A hard drive crashed and forced me to reinstall everything. I restored my MC library from a backup. In the original library, the thumbnail images for TV shows (the root folder, not individual episodes) and tv show seasons were vertically oriented, automatically generated by MC. But in the new library the thumbnails are vertical but the images used inside them are horizontal. MC has not rebuilt the vertical thumbnails that used to be there. I've tried rebuilding thumbnails and using the Get Movie and TV Info tool. Is there something I need to do to make it work, or is this a bug?

Don W

• World Citizen
Re: Vertical thumbnail images for TV show and season folders
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 10:36:34 pm »

Well after several days, 5 out of over 40 vertical show images have been fetched by MC. So it is not 100% broken. But certainly not good. Anyone from JRiver want to chime in here? What should I be expecting?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:19 am »

For Series and Season images use the "Right-click > Cover Art > Get From Internet..." function rather than the "Get Movie & TV Info..." function, which only gathers Episode images.

The image files collected will be stored in the location defined in "Options > File Location > Cover Art > Folder" rather than in the root directory of the series or season folders. If you have images in the root directory they aren't being used by MC, but you could assign them to the Series/Season if they are named correctly and placed in the "Cover Art\Series" and "Cover Art\Seasons" directories.

You may still need to Rebuild Thumbnails after doing the above, but shouldn't have to, since this is a new installation.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Don W

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 03:28:36 pm »

For Series and Season images use the "Right-click > Cover Art > Get From Internet..." function rather than the "Get Movie & TV Info..." function, which only gathers Episode images.

That did it! Thankyou so much. Didn't need to rebuild thumbnails either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up