INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced Filters: LAV for decoding *and* AC3Filter for mixing doesn't work  (Read 1993 times)

flexy123

I am (still) using AC3Filter for post processing (mixing), in particular for DRC so I can adjust dynamic range better.
This works in all my apps, MPC-HC, Kodi, whatever.

In MC23 (which I am testing for a few days), in the custom filter settings, only ONE audio decoder pops up in the list of DS filters list when I play a file, besides me having selected the two, LAV Audio decoder *AND* AC3Filter as "audio decoders". It is impossible to get the two show up as in my other player applications.

(Tip: Otherwise, to have LAV decoding audio, use it as normal in your DirectShow filter chain, and in AC3 filter only have "PCM" selected. This way you can use AC3filter for post processing (aka "mixing") but it doesn't decode)
Please anyone tell me how to get this working in MC 23. (And no, I don't want to use Windows merits)

*** Plus: How on earth do I get my wireless Xbox game controller to work with MC23???

Thanks!!

Edit: I don't want to use AC3filter as the only audio decoder (without LAV audio decoder). This would in principle work but it is my understanding that LAV Audio decoder supports more formats, such as TrueHD. This is why I want both. I am aware ac3filter isn't widely used any more, but it should absolutely be possible to have these two filters active and use them the way I described.

While we're at it, I think I heard LAV developers work now for JRiver. I am asking why LAV audio decoder doesn't have that many features for mixing like AC3filter? I really like AC3filters ability to reduce dynamic range of movie sounds and/or increasing the voice channel, things like that. I'd love LAV audio decoder having these features.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is not supported. You should use the audio processing capabilities of Media Center itself. If any particular features are missing there, ask about those. Dynamic Range changes are definitely supported, look into Adaptive Volume.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up