INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost (Hidden) Options Window(s)  (Read 2611 times)

MyKart

• Recent member
Lost (Hidden) Options Window(s)
« on: April 09, 2018, 11:30:13 am »

The Tools/Options window has an annoying habit of disappearing behind other windows (not just the MC player window but other open application windows) and rendering the MC player window non-responsive to commands. It happens if I switch to another application while the Options window is open in MC or if I inadvertently click on the player window while the Options window is open. I can work around this, to a degree, by making sure some portion of the Options window is never hidden by the player window but then I also have to drill down through any other open application windows to find where the Options window is hiding or... Force Quit MC. Very Cumbersome.
Is this a known issue? Is there a practical workaround? I noticed resizing issues when I searched for "Options window" but nothing about hidden windows.
Shouldn't the Options window just always stay on top?
MC - 23.0.103.
Mac - High Sierra

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lost (Hidden) Options Window(s)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 12:48:34 pm »

Did you try CMD+< while this happens?

MyKart

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:22:42 pm »

Thanks tyler69,
"Did you try CMD+< while this happens?"
Not until you mentioned it but... now, oddly, Command-Q is working for me which is better than Force Quit. In fact, all of the F-keys seem to be functioning after using Command+> (I swear they weren't before). That seems to provide a partial workaround to the problem but I still can't use mouse-clicks until I quit MC, if the Options window is completely hidden behind the player window. I'd still prefer it to just stay on top until dismissed.
Thanks again.

tyler69

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 02:18:14 pm »

BTW: I can't seem to reproduce this. Opened up "options" and brought Safari to the front. Neither bringing MC to the front by clicking on the app in the dock, nor by hitting CMD+TAB would in any way lock up MC. In fact, the options menu stayed on top of the MC window. I'm on 10.13.4 and latest MC.

MyKart

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 11:31:04 am »

BTW: I can't seem to reproduce this. Opened up "options" and brought Safari to the front. Neither bringing MC to the front by clicking on the app in the dock, nor by hitting CMD+TAB would in any way lock up MC. In fact, the options menu stayed on top of the MC window. I'm on 10.13.4 and latest MC.

Interesting, I'm using 10.13.2 and MC 23.0.103. I can reproduce it all day long but the fact that you can't implies there's something else going on within my setup. Options immediately jumps to the back of whatever is open for me. I'll update to 10.13.4 and see if that helps although MC is the only app that is behaving this way. CMD-Tab brings MC and Options back to the front, if and only if, Options was in front of MC before going to another app. If Options was already hidden before going to another app... CMD-Tab brings MC back to the front but in a frozen-state.

MyKart

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 02:31:34 pm »

Follow-up: I upgraded to 10.13.4 but that didn't change anything, in this regard.
I've attached a screen grab that illustrates the problem. You can see the Options window (Type your search here) is behind MC and Safari and would be hidden if not sized and placed just right so that it's corner is still peaking out from underneath everything else. It should just stay on top.
Pages: [1]   Go Up