INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crash/Strange Movement  (Read 743 times)

MRjr

• World Citizen
Crash/Strange Movement
« on: April 17, 2018, 07:17:42 pm »

The following applies to classical music. I haven't tried the issues raised here with other music.
If I select a piece of music(img2.pdf) and put the cursor on an entry on the right side, I can enter edit mode and make changes. After making a change on a selection I can hit the down arrow key and move to the next entry, still in edit mode.(img1.pdf).

If I attempt this on the left side, all sorts of unexplained things happen. With img3.pdf I have selected and entry. With f2 it should go into edit mode(Rename) but does not always. MC23 was much better with this action. I can, however, rt-clk and select Rename(img4.pdf).

Unfortunately this software won't let me include the images to which I have referred I get an error. I have included only img1 and img5.

If I make a change and press the down arrow key a number of things happen, none of which are expected. With MC23 this action caused a crash every time. With MC24 I get a crash some times but on other occasions the software simply jumps to a random place(img5.pdf)

swiv3d

Re: Crash/Strange Movement
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 04:48:20 pm »

I have just tried this out and everything is working as expected for me. F2 goes into edit mode in the left and the right panes for a selected item, making a change and pressing the down arrow just moves to the next item in edit mode and saves the changes made in the previous album/track. I am using JRiver 24 on windows 10 with all of the latest updates.

MRjr

• World Citizen
Re: Crash/Strange Movement
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 12:56:45 pm »

Quite confused. I have MC24 on two machines, the one connected to the audio system and another that I use for ripping CDs, etc.

Both machines point to the same data, a NAS drive on the local network. The music server computer runs the TightVNC server and I have the client version of TightVNC on my machine.
I can access the music data from my computer using either the VNC connection and running MC24 on the server or running MC24 directly on my machine, again both connect to the same data on the NAS computer. I will point out that MC24 should run on only one machine at a time, otherwise the library can get confused.

Having said all of this I just performed the same task, as I described previously, at both locations with NO ERROR.

I have no idea how the original problem I reported was caused but it appears to have disappeared.

Thanks for taking the time to reproduce the situation.

Regards,

Milt
Pages: [1]   Go Up