INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists saved with Upgrades?  (Read 873 times)

audioasb

• Recent member
Playlists saved with Upgrades?
« on: August 23, 2018, 01:51:05 pm »

Will an upgrade to V24 include my current V20 playlists?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playlists saved with Upgrades?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 02:08:12 pm »

If they're not moved automatically, just backup the library in v20 and restore it in v24 and you'll be all set.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audioasb

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 06:45:53 pm »

thanks.  I've spent a lot of time building playlists from my  tB library and could not reproduce them without a huge amount of effort resulting in an incomplete version. 

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 03:28:48 am »

If they're not moved automatically, just backup the library in v20 and restore it in v24 and you'll be all set.

There's another thread about version upgrades and what sometimes gets missed out. It would be really nice to see a report (saved text file and a popup?) at the end of an upgrade that says simply and clearly what has or hasn't been 'migrated' and what to do about it if things are missing.

Eg if Playlists never get migrated then please say so. Either then fix it so they are or say 'to fix it please do a backup of the old then restore into the new'. There seems to be no checking as to what has successfully been migrated (I get issues as my MC runs as in a User Context and the Upgrade runs in the Admin Context) so although the upgrade appears to run successfully bits don't get migrated and I have to do a restore from a backup. Not a problem but a trap for young players as there's no checking/information as to what's been migrated and what hasn't.

Spike

Pages: [1]   Go Up