INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Zones keep disappearing (JRemote, Sonos)  (Read 1162 times)

Ferdi

• World Citizen
DLNA Zones keep disappearing (JRemote, Sonos)
« on: April 13, 2018, 12:28:47 pm »

For quite a few weeks now, my DLNA zones keep disappearing as an option on my JRemote. The only zones visible then are 'this device' and the Compute Stick on which JRiver runs.
All my DLNA Zones are Sonos speakers.
I can go into the program and refresh the zones, to make them appear again, but this is only temporarily, after a few minutes or so they disappear from JRemote again.

Any idea what might be going on?

Ferdi

• World Citizen
Re: DLNA Zones keep disappearing (JRemote, Sonos)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:08:34 am »

No takers? :(

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:26:30 am »

Your router is not forwarding the UDP SSDP Alive multicasts. Or your firewall is blocking them. Or your renderers are not on the same subnet as MC. Or the renderers are changing their IP addresses e.g. due to DHCP lease expiry/renewal.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 10:59:22 am »

Thanks for the suggestions, Andrew.
The DLNA receivers - my Sonos speakers - are available for a while after re-start or 'refresh zones', then disappear.
  • The options 'firewall' and 'subnet' shouldn't be the cause then?
  • i don't know what 'forwarding multicasts' means. Will need google that
  • 'changing addresses': I have not seen this happening, addresses seem to stay the same
Overall, i am puzzled because this worked with the same setup for the longest time, as in years. Not sure if I changed any settings, but would not have any idea which that would be. Also not sure if that started with a MS W10 update on my ComputeStick.

Either way, it's unfortunate, because I can't use JRemote anymore where i used it most - at home. I started using Spotify to play to Sonos, which has some advantages anyways, of course, but i'd still prefer playing from my own library and with my own play menus via JRemote.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 11:43:27 am »

It sounds to me like either the router is filtering out multicast packets as Andrew said or there is a firewall on your compute stick filtering out port 1900 broadcasts from MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up