INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pops and clicks on playback using focusrite asio  (Read 1152 times)

iankelsall25

• Recent member
pops and clicks on playback using focusrite asio
« on: April 15, 2018, 09:43:03 am »

when i playback audio via media center 23 using my focusrite 1818i mk 2 audio capture usb device i get pops and clicks on playback.
if i playback via windows media player, i get no pops and clicks. i also get no pops and clicks if i use the HDMI settings for playback via my
a/v receiver.
does anyone know what is going on? it means i cannot listen to any audio via my usb device, instead i have to use windows media player.
i have tried my cyberlink dvd software, no pops and clicks, basically any other software does not produce pops and clicks, just media center.

Ninouchka

• World Citizen
Re: pops and clicks on playback using focusrite asio
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:14:08 pm »

Hi, how did you setup the audio settings inside JRiver Media Center and inside the audio settings from Focusrite.
First I would use the asio driver from focusrite inside JRiver audio settings, buffering to 50 ms should be no problem, but you can put it a bit higher to 100.
Select Use large hardware buffer.
Select Devices uses only most...24bit driver
Use the 64bit version of JRiver Media Center, if you use windows 7 x64 version. The latency will be lower for your Focusrite, so it become faster, and together with Asio
driver you will get great sound, without pops and clicks, I use RME and Avid usb audio gear and those work superb. I want to change my old Avid MBox Pro 3 with
the same Focusrite you have, so let us know what you did to solve your problem.
JRiver is a bit harder to learn but just the best for HTPC use.

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:39:48 pm »

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 and notice the same thing if I allow JRiver to change sample rate depending on content. I set it to 24/96 in Windows and upsample and downsample everything to the same rate in JRiver and the problem is no more.

stewart_pk

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 01:33:58 am »

when i playback audio via media center 23 using my focusrite 1818i mk 2 audio capture usb device i get pops and clicks on playback.
if i playback via windows media player, i get no pops and clicks. i also get no pops and clicks if i use the HDMI settings for playback via my
a/v receiver.
does anyone know what is going on? it means i cannot listen to any audio via my usb device, instead i have to use windows media player.
i have tried my cyberlink dvd software, no pops and clicks, basically any other software does not produce pops and clicks, just media center.

These other software players are probably not changing the sampling rate dynamically based on the content and therefore no clicks and pops.
Pages: [1]   Go Up