INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new user introduction  (Read 1125 times)

zuul

new user introduction
« on: April 20, 2018, 01:52:53 am »

hey now!

i started my free trial back in december and got my master license when the 30 days was up.

i used to be the vinyl guy. thousands of records. a few years ago i sold the records... turntable... and everything else and went to all digital sources. over the past few years i've basically replaced all my gear with new equipment that's better suited for 2 channel digital duty.

back in october i got a teac ud-501 digital to analog converter to replace the more basic dac i started off with when i made the switch from analog to digital. i realized that the software i was using at the time wasn't playing files natively. it was normalizing everything to 16/44. i have a lot of hi-res flac files (thousands) and so it was important to me that files play native. ie. if the file was 24/192 then that's what should be output to the dac. i was surprised how many media players don't do this. since i use macs... my options were even more limited. after doing some research and due diligence i found JRiver MC and I haven't looked back since. it does everything i want need it to do.

it's not the most intuitive program but i've got the basics down. however i can't escape the feeling that i'm not utilizing it to it's full potential. but that's another post for another time...

anyway... i'm more into the gear than the software...  and also always curious about what other people are using for 2 channel audio... feel free to post details about your rig in reply to this post...

here's my current set-up:

speakers:
bowers & wilkins 685 S2
polk psw-10
components:
sonic frontiers line 1 preamp
sonic frontiers anthem amp 1
mac mini w/ audioquest jitterbug
teac ud-501 digital to analog converter
oppo dv-980h dvd/cd
interconnects:
monoprice
guzi
belkin gold series usb
speaker wire
audioquest type 4
power:
rhino-tek 1000w 15amp voltage regulator
vansevers 211 power cord
pangea ac-14 power cord
tubes:
amp: (2) NOS 1960 philco/lansdale 12AU7 (super rare!), (1) NOS 1967 mullard 12AX7, (4) 2016 svetlana hard blue EL-34
pre-amp: (6) E88CC/6922 ? (haven't cracked the case yet to see what previous owner was running...) so for now they are mystery tubes.
misc:
JRiver Media Center 24
sanus 24" speaker stands
auralex acoustics subdude II
DeMoude Audio cylindrical bass traps
rf/emi/noise reduction caps for empty rca inputs.

Pages: [1]   Go Up