INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A beta-bug that made it into the final  (Read 1043 times)

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
A beta-bug that made it into the final
« on: June 10, 2003, 11:20:17 pm »

just found out that a bug I already mentioned in the beta-age of version 9, has persisted into the final releases :o :o, I'm using currently build 180.

I have a compilation of Mozart serenades, I want to split these CDs up into several albums, each album should contain one serenade. So I select the desired tracks from the CD, modify the tags & finally I "fill track numbers from list order", so the second serenade on the CD starts also with number one on my harddisk.

Works everything OK, but MC doesn't rip the tracks I selected (6-10)!!! It rips the tracks 1-5, because I just changed the track-numbers!!

Please fix this, otherwise everyone has to rip with wrong numbers, adjust them & rename the files again!

Thanks
RAIST

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: A beta-bug that made it into the final
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 05:56:44 am »

The problem is, MC only has one field for storing the CD track number. If you modify the track number, MC doesn't know what the "real" CD track number is so it rips whichever track number you changed it to.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Raistlin2000

• World Citizen
  • cross-fade-mani ac
All Re: A beta-bug that made it into the final
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 08:02:38 am »

Well, this is a very good explanation, I also thought of something like that, but will it be fixed??

All we need is a second variable, just like the seq-variable in playing now. For normal the mp3-trackID should get the same number as this new CD-TRACK-ID, but it should be possible to modify this for such certain situations I described already.

After this being extended it would be nice to extend also the "Fill track numbers from list order" that way that it is possible to select the start number. WHY? Imagine the following szenario: Ripping an opera splitted to two CDs. For ripping the second CD, I highlight all tracks, choose "Fill track numbers from list order", set the start number according to the number of tracks on first CD +1, voila, all files of two CDs are in right order on the harddisk, correctly named, without any more user modifications :)

WOULD BE REALLY NICE. (for more see tagging capabilities of Tag&Rename)

Raist
Pages: [1]   Go Up