INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Background image on recorded TV wrong  (Read 1042 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Background image on recorded TV wrong
« on: April 27, 2018, 05:56:55 pm »

I have a couple series (Timeless and The Goldbergs) that consistently have the wrong background image in Theater view.  I can go in and do a get movie and TV info, and it will fix it for a while, but it always reverts back to the wrong image eventually.  Is there anything I can do to fix this?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Background image on recorded TV wrong
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 07:14:48 pm »

I'm going to assume that you mean the background image that you see when sitting on the Series thumbnail, one of the Season thumbnails inside the series, or in the Episode listing. But I don't know why the "Get Movie & TV Info..." function would fix that since it only gets Episode Cover art. Maybe that just happens to reset the slideshow sequence. The "Get Cover Art" in Auto Import, or the right-click "Get from internet" function gets the Series and Season Cover Art.

The background images shown in a slideshow behind the Series or Season thumbnails and Episode listings are collected automatically by MC.

It is all controlled by the second group of settings under;
Options > Theatre View > Appearance > Theme (click)

Specifically, the "Online media slideshow" selects the source of online images, while local images are used if available as well.

So, as long as you don't have any of the incorrect images on disk, then they are coming from one or more of the sources the slideshow if pointed at. Google is the worst offender for getting it wrong. TheTVDB is more reliable for TV Shows, and TheMoveDB is better for movies. Turn off Google and see if it stops happening.

There was an issue a while back where the background image could get stuck because a source site wasn't responding. Is that what is happening now?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 10:42:29 am »

I assumed it worked because it would reset the TV series ID to the right one.  I happened to have an episode of Timeless, so I went ahead and did the 'Get Movie & TV Info', and it did change the background to the correct slideshow.  Oh, and you are correct on which background I meant.

I suppose if it keeps happening, I can have the recording rule change the series name from Timeless to Timeless (2016) and see if that helps.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 07:30:55 pm »

Ah, it's one of those issues:
"Timeless" vs "Timeless (2016)"
"The Goldbergs" vs "The Goldbergs (2013)"

Then you are correct. If you run the "Get Movie & TV Info" on one episode and select the correct TVDB ID, then the background image gathering would start to work.

Note that if your background images are changing, your metadata for the program episode is also incorrect.

The fundamental issue is whether the Series name in your EPG data matches your Series name in MC, and hence MC retains the correct TVDB ID for the series. The [TheTVDB Series ID] tag is relational, so setting it for one episode of a series sets it for all episodes... as long as the [Series] tag matches for all episodes.

There was an issue a while back where MC seemed to lose its assignment of TheTVDB ID when new episodes of a series with this issue came along, but I thought that was fixed. I assume you are on a recent version of MC?

If you select all episodes of the Series, make sure they all have the same Series name and that it matches your EPG data, and run "Get Movie & TV Info", selecting the correct Series, MC should remember that (and fix all metadata) and work in future.

You could set the Series name to, for example, "Timeless (2016)" in the recording rules. But you would also need to change the Series name for all existing episodes so that they match. That should work, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Anyway, search for discussions on "fixing" the "Doctor Who" series in MC, particularly recent discussions. You have the same problem as described in those threads.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 11:02:37 am »

Thanks.  I am on the last version of 23, I haven't upgraded to 24 yet.  I typically wait a while.
Pages: [1]   Go Up