INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Artists  (Read 1531 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Multiple Artists
« on: April 28, 2018, 10:45:07 am »

Today I was going to organize my library a bit better with respect to album with multiple artists.  I cannot figure out why some of my albums will engage the "(multiple artists)" folder when renaming/moving (F6) files, and some will not when clearly their are multiple artists under [Artist].  Does creating a [Album Artist] screw with this (because I like to attribute Album Artist to albums that are a tribute to that artist.

With MC22 the 'tag' window would indicate if MC had found multiple artists, but with MC23 you've changed things and I cannot find it.

So, I need to understand why some albums and not others, and how to understand and use the new 'tag' window...

TIA :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

RD James

Re: Multiple Artists
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 12:08:23 pm »

If [Album Artist] has a value, [Album Artist (auto)] uses it for the album.
If [Artist] tags are the same for all tracks, [Album Artist (auto)] uses it for the album.
If no [Album Artist] tag is defined, and [Artist] tags are not the same for every track, [Album Artist (auto)] uses (Multiple Artists)

shAf

Re: Multiple Artists
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 02:27:23 pm »

If [Album Artist] has a value, [Album Artist (auto)] uses it for the album.
If [Artist] tags are the same for all tracks, [Album Artist (auto)] uses it for the album.
If no [Album Artist] tag is defined, and [Artist] tags are not the same for every track, [Album Artist (auto)] uses (Multiple Artists)
Thanks RD...

I thought as much.  Rather than allow such tribute albums to be listed by other players (iPhone, Car) according to multiple artists, I thought it would be easy to exclude their import if they were limited to a special folder.  The way MC is forced to handle these files forces me to instead leave the [Album Artist] blank until the files have been moved to their final place.
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up