INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 keep losing license on same PC  (Read 762 times)

felix2

• Junior Woodchuck
MC23 keep losing license on same PC
« on: May 11, 2018, 05:25:38 pm »

My PC running MC23 lost license about 5 times over the past 2 month. The latest 3 times over a 2 day period. I am now down to 2 re-install. I can identify about 3 of them right after a Windows automatic update.

What's going on?

What happen when I used up all the re-installs? But another one?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC23 keep losing license on same PC
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 11:09:04 am »

I'm not sure what would be causing Media Center to keep losing the license. However, if you do need to restore the license again, you should receive an e-mail after doing so. That e-mail should contain a license file ending in a .mjr. Save that file to your computer. The file is valid for 14 days and double-clicking on it will re-install your license without using up one of the restores. Also, the number of restores you have resets after a year, and we can reset them if you run out. I just reset the number of restores you have left.

felix2

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 01:03:37 am »

I'm not sure what would be causing Media Center to keep losing the license.  ...

PC just received the Windows 10 April Update. Upon reboot and run Media Center 23, it lost the license. So I had to re-install.

So this confirm the various Windows Updates of at least the past half a year responsible for crashing licenses. At least for me. Oh well, ...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 06:24:00 am »

Are you changing machine names?

Do you use a registry cleaner?  Or any other similar utilities?

I'm not aware of any unusual license problems on Windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up