INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play video's on Ubuntu 18.04  (Read 1385 times)

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Can't play video's on Ubuntu 18.04
« on: May 17, 2018, 02:44:04 pm »

I am testing the latest Linux build of Media Center and not sure what the problem is.  JRiver gives me a white screen and freezes up when I attempt to play a video (both x264 and x265 files).  My videos are located on my NAS and they play fine on this same machine with VLC and Kodi.  I tried installing a codec pack and it didn't help.  Before spinning into the abyss, any ideas what the problem is?

Chris

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't play video's on Ubuntu 18.04
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 10:10:15 am »

I am testing the latest Linux build of Media Center and not sure what the problem is.  JRiver gives me a white screen and freezes up when I attempt to play a video (both x264 and x265 files).  My videos are located on my NAS and they play fine on this same machine with VLC and Kodi.  I tried installing a codec pack and it didn't help.  Before spinning into the abyss, any ideas what the problem is?

Chris
Sounds like an OpenGL issue.
You could turn on logging and check.
If you are running the Noveau video driver you should be aware that it's highly unreliable with OpenGL.

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Can't play video's on Ubuntu 18.04
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 11:23:25 am »

Ok, thanks for the suggestion.  I will check it out.  But wondering....wouldn't VLC and Kodi use the same OpenGL libraries?  And they work fine.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up