INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Cover Art  (Read 636 times)

Donmc

• Recent member
Missing Cover Art
« on: May 19, 2018, 12:59:24 pm »

I have found that there are some albums in my collection that simply refuse to accept cover art no matter what I do - copy and paste from scanned cover art, sources on the internet, etc. It has happened on approximately 50 out of 3000.

The playlist/smartlist/missing cover art helped find them but it was not entirely correct because it found tracks that did have cover art. It could not find any of the cover art on the Internet. I have been able to find the cover art on the Internet but I cannot paste it to these albums.

For example I have a boxed set of 80 Leonard Bernstein CD's that I have ripped to Media Center.  Most of them accept the cover art but there are a few that will not.

It is completely inconsistent with random missing cover art on classical and popular, wav, flac, mp4 files etc. Sometimes the wav version will accept the cover art but the flac or mp4 version of the same album will not.  This makes no sense.

I have gone from Media Center 18 - 24 with exactly the same issue.

Has anyone else had the problem and what might be the solution?

ScottRey269

• Recent member
Re: Missing Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 08:21:42 pm »

You could try using MP3tag to embed the coverart in to each track.  That's what I use for all my albums.  Although it's titled MP3tag, it also works on my FLAC files.  May work on others as well, but I only deal with mp3's and flac's.  Just a suggestion to try.

Also, there have been times when I couldn't alter tags in a file.  Corrupted metadata or something I guess.  But found that re-encoding the files usually fixed the problem.
HTPC Setup:  Silverstone LC20-B HTPC Case|Asus H87M-E Motherboard|Seasonic Power Supply|Intel Core I5-4570S 2.9 GHZ|(2)4GB Corsair XMS3 Memory|Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD (Internal- System)|Seagate Ironwolf 6TB (Internal- Documents)|Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard|Razer Diamondback Chroma Gaming Mouse|Windows 10 64bit v.1903/ MC 25.0.113 (64-bit)|Vantec NST-640SU3-BK 4 Bay External Enclosure w/ (2) 1TB Seagate Constellation ES  (MC Server Mains)|Qnap TR-004 4 Bay External Enclosure w/ (1) 3TB Seagate Ironwolf (Music Backup) & (2) 8TB Seagate Ironwolf (Video Backup)|Pioneer BDR-209D BR Drive

Router:  Linxsys AC5400 Maxstream

Home Theatre:  Logitech Harmony One Remote|Yamaha RX-V473 Rcvr.|LG 55C9 4K OLED TV| (2) Polk TSx 550T (F)| (1) Polk CS10 (C)| (4) Polk TS200 (S)| (1) Polk PSW505 (Su

aeliayousaf

Re: Missing Cover Art
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 03:47:14 pm »

hey guys i still haven't figured out how to do the sorting - i don't know its is an error, or something that i'm not doing right. and now my trial has also expired :( so i cannot do any further testing - i really like the software but have to figure it out. a short instruction video would be helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up