INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC24 and Gizmo  (Read 959 times)

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
MC24 and Gizmo
« on: May 19, 2018, 03:22:11 pm »

I have been using JRiver for a few years, started with MC 11.

I have a Nuvo 6 zone system. Previously I would feed the Nuvo from a single instance of MC with multiple sound cards on the server and then use Gizmo at several locations in the house / shop.

I recently had to replace the server and upgraded from MC 23 to MC 24. I enabled the media network like I did previously. I cannot get to Gizmo, and if I try Panel, that works except when I click on "list" it says "No files in the playing now list".

When configuring I added 3 zones, put them under the playing now section of the tree and might have deleted any other entries in that section of the tree. I am not interested in streaming as it would defeat the distributed system already in place and I use thin clients in a few locations.

I also notice that Panel does not show the playlists. Is there any way to fix this besides remove / reinstall?

All I am looking to accomplish is browser control of MC (Start / Stop / switch tracks)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC24 and Gizmo
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 03:33:04 pm »

I'm having trouble understanding what your question is.  Is it this?

if I try Panel, that works except when I click on "list" it says "No files in the playing now list".

If so, are you playing anything?  That's what you would expect if you weren't.

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 03:38:38 pm »

Correct, I am currently playing from Zone 1 and there is nothing displayed in Panel

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 09:51:55 pm »

it is working. I reinstalled but I believe the problem was between the chair and the keyboard.

However a feature that would be nice would to have the list scroll as the list is playing. The cover art displays the current album, but you have to manually scroll to find the current track in the list. my playlist is 36,000 tracks +
Pages: [1]   Go Up