INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center is unstable ever since I installed SoundSpectrum G-Force.  (Read 788 times)

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe

I've been experiencing what appeared to be random crashes with Media Center the last few days, and I think I've tracked it down to using SoundSpectrum G-Force.
As far as I can tell, the issue is the combination of the WDM driver's behavior, and the G-Force plug-in.

When watching videos in a browser; e.g. watching YouTube in Firefox, any time I seek it instantly kills the WDM connection and tries to re-open it. Sometimes this takes a few seconds.
This behavior has been present ever since the WDM driver was introduced, and has always been an extremely frustrating problem.
But with G-Force selected as a visualizer, this rapid starting/killing of the connection seems to crash the player.

I am redirecting the WDM driver to its own zone, and G-Force is not visible in that zone (the split is maximized to only show the playlist) but I've noticed that every time Media Center seemingly crashes at random, there is a new SoundSpectrum log file created on the desktop.

The easiest solution I can think of to fix this would be to allow per-zone settings for visualizations.
If I have G-Force selected in my music zone, it also selects it for the WDM zone.
If I could disable it for the WDM zone, I believe that would fix these crashes.

nickycousin

• Recent member
  • Hardcore Junglist® 🏃 🏃6♡1® be seeing you !

same problem with all sound spectrum visuals
YOUARENUMBER6

nickycousin

• Recent member
  • Hardcore Junglist® 🏃 🏃6♡1® be seeing you !

FIXED IN UPDATE VERY HAPPY THANKS :)
YOUARENUMBER6
Pages: [1]   Go Up