INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist problem  (Read 698 times)

pluto

• World Citizen
Playlist problem
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:38:04 am »

24.0.27, Windows 64bit version

I have a playlist consisting of Jazzradio's many channels with my own 'private' URL for each, as I am a subscriber. The 'name' field for each playlist entry contains the name of the channel and the filename field contains my URL.

All well so far.

When a channel plays, the name of the tune being played overwrites the 'name' field. Not a problem until...

...I press stop. At which point the 'name' field goes blank and remains so. If I play another channel without first pressing stop, the current song title remains in the 'name' field.

I have used this method of playing Jazzradio (and others) with JRiver for many years and through several versions and I'm sure the behaviour has always been that, at the end of the day, the name field returns to (and retains) the channel name (or whatever else I originally typed into that field). FYI, the playlist in question is locked so I assume that this boils down to the possibility that the lock is not being respected.

Your thoughts please.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playlist problem
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:53:19 am »

We'll fix it so a blank name won't write the tag in the next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pluto

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 05:58:54 pm »

We'll fix it so a blank name won't write the tag in the next build

Thanks. You will also need to prevent a song title from overwriting the channel name, which happens if stop is not pressed. While the behaviour of the song title replacing the channel name temporarily while the playlist entry is actually playing is arguably good (thinking to myself -- is this actually supposed to happen?), once that entry is no longer playing, the 'name' field should revert to its original state i.e. the channel name.

To sum up, should 'lock' not make a playlist absolutely inviolate?

sunnyboy

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 10:42:58 am »

In my opinion this problem has not been solved yet. Am I right?
I have installed version 24.0034 and still having this problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up