INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream to my DLNA?  (Read 2740 times)

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
Stream to my DLNA?
« on: May 23, 2018, 10:56:48 am »

I love the new Streaming functionality in JR 24.  How do I configure JR 24 to send the audio to my DLNA instead of the Player?  Does this capability exist?  Some kind of answer is appreciated. 

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stream to my DLNA?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 03:24:57 pm »

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 03:40:32 pm »

Since the Streaming feature plays in a browser, I do not think you can direct the output to a DLNA device.  The browser output goes to the default audio device.  I could be wrong, but that is what I understood.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 05:02:07 pm »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Network

I am quite familiar with DLNA and that is the only way I use MC.  All my music is streamed to a DLNA. 

But, when I use the new streaming function, for example, youtube, I see no functionality to send the audio of those various websites, podcasts, etc to my DLNA. 

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 08:09:55 pm »

Since the Streaming feature plays in a browser, I do not think you can direct the output to a DLNA device.  The browser output goes to the default audio device.  I could be wrong, but that is what I understood.

Thanks.  Now I can quit trying to find a way to do it and will get over my excitement about the Streaming container.  Without DLNA, it is not much use to me.   It would have been a kind of holy grail if it would output to DLNA devices.  I don't understand the technology restrictions and why in this day and age I cannot output a web browser to DLNA.  It is not just MC but everything.  Oh well...............

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 06:59:37 am »

Audio from a browser can be piped into MC via the WDM driver (please see the wiki), so it's probably possible to pipe it to a DLNA Renderer.  That might require some changes in MC though.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 07:37:01 am »

I do not believe that WDM can currently output to a DLNA device.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 01:12:36 pm »

I do not believe that WDM can currently output to a DLNA device.

I tried this on MC 23 and spent quite a few hours attempting to make it work with no success (at least on my computer).  :)   Unless others have had success I don't want to invest more time. 

Thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up