INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licence restore problem  (Read 1200 times)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Licence restore problem
« on: May 23, 2018, 07:27:18 pm »

On May 14th 2017 I purchased the upgrade for MC 23, but never got around to installing it. Today I clicked on the rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi link to get a new Reg code, which then said Restoral Complete, but on the computer it says the key is for a different product.

I have MC 22, but also MC 21 is still installed - I would have thought that the 22 install would have removed 21? Should I uninstall 21 manually? Until just now 21 was the default, but I right clicked on one file to change it to play with 22 and now everything defaults to 22.

One last question (for the moment.... ;D). If I miss a version (say 24) and decide to wait for 25 to be released, do I have to purchase the 24 and the 25 update, or can I just go from 23 to 25?

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Licence restore problem
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:49:32 pm »

Well I think I have thoroughly confused myself. Even though MC 22 shows up on the program list, when I double clicked a track to play (with 22) it had to extract the files for 22 first. But how could it show up on the Programs list?

Anyway, I thought that may have been stopping MC 23 from installing, but I'm still getting the "different product" message.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 07:56:18 pm »

If you have an MC23 license, please download and install MC23, then restore your license.  Full instructions are here:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:12:40 pm »

I think I must be really dumb...or something. I keep getting messages that the licence has been installed, I have the 390206-1.mjr downloaded (3 times now), but I see no reference to MC 23 anywhere. I asked Firefox to install it, rather than save it.

There is something really fundamental that I'm missing.....

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 08:17:43 pm »

To be clear:
I went to https://www.jriver.com/download.html
then clicked upgrade from an older version,
then clicked download at "If you own a Media Center 23 license, just download and install it,

but there is nothing to install. (that's the bit I'm not getting)

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 08:46:29 pm »

What I had to do is click
Older versions are available to download.

then I was finally able to download the MC 23 64 bit version.

So should I manually uninstall MC 21 and 22?

And that just leaves this:
If I miss a version (say 24) and decide to wait for 25 to be released, do I have to purchase the 24 and the 25 update, or can I just go from 23 to 25?

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 09:01:04 pm »

Ok I think I've spotted where the miscommunication is.

On this page:
https://jriver.com/download.html
I clicked Upgrade from an Older Version
and then I clicked "download" in If you own a Media Center 23 license, just download

That just circles back to the download page, where there are no options to download MC 23. I suspect that the logic there needs a little tightening up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 06:32:57 am »

If I miss a version (say 24) and decide to wait for 25 to be released, do I have to purchase the 24 and the 25 update, or can I just go from 23 to 25?
You can skip upgrades if you want to.  The price is the same to upgrade from any old version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up