INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: season cover art folder  (Read 2551 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
season cover art folder
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:06:50 am »

I use my own cover art for TV shows but am finding jriver  in theatre view is replacing my art with the wrong season this I believe is  downloaded to and located in the users appdata jriver folder.
Is there any way to stop the season being downloaded?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

Re: season cover art folder
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:28:47 am »

I have moved the folder for easy access, but now not getting any results from tvdb. does this folder have to stay in users jriver?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 06:45:52 pm »

does this folder have to stay in users jriver?

No. TVDB is/was just having a bad day.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maid

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 06:50:41 pm »

lol isnt it always the same.
Change something and you think you screwed it up when that particular site goes down at the same time.
Any idea how to fix the season covers in theater view???

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 09:48:47 pm »

Just use the "Cover Art > Get from Internet" function in Standard View and select the correct Cover Art. You will be able to see if TheTVDB is working when you try that. Do it for one episode or the series and you can fix all seasons at once.

PS: Of course you have to do that on the MC server PC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

maid

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 09:52:46 pm »

yep done that but the tv shows a different picture to mine.
In theater view eg Genius season 2 is showing the genius season 1 pic then when click into it season 2 pics are on the episodes

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 10:00:18 pm »

Did you run that on the MC Server? It needs to be done there, unless you are remote connecting to the server and the software you use is set up to write files to the server hard drive location that you have set in "File Location".

When in that function you should see an option on the left for the Series Cover Art at the top, and an option for each Season of the Series. Have you changed it for each Season?

If so, and it isn't saving, and you are using remote connection software, try doing it directly on the Server.

PS: The thumbnails need to update, but that should happen immediately when you change the Cover Art.

maid

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 11:56:33 pm »

I dont use the MC Server.
I edit on my work machine but all the locations are set in file location to the HTPC
I cant see anywhere that has series cover art, maybe I need new glasses, since I part own AusSpecs.com.au  lol
Also tried looking on the HTPC itself

Screen dump supplied

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 12:27:23 am »

I don't remember all the details of the way you use your HTPC and Work Machine with MC, but I think I remember that you have a separate library on each? I'm pretty sure you aren't using a Client/Server arrangement.

If so, then adding the Cover Art to the correct directory, S:\Cover Art\, on your Work Machine won't update the HTPC library to look at the correct Cover Art image for a Series or Season. The change has to be made in the HTPC library.

If you are just using one library and opening it from either the HTPC or your Work Machine, then MC should be finding the change you make via your Work Machine. But I think you have said Hubby may be watching stuff on the HTPC while you are editing on your Work Machine before, so there must be separate libraries.

The Series Cover Art is the top image in the example image attached. Click on that image and then select what you want on the right.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 12:30:30 am »

Note, TheTVDB doesn't seem to be providing any Cover Art at the moment. All I see when I do a lookup is the art already in my library.

Maybe it is having more than one bad day.  :(

maid

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 12:32:44 am »

but I think I remember that you have a separate library on each? no library is the same I only have one

I'm pretty sure you aren't using a Client/Server arrangement.no I have the drives mapped

Noone is on the HTPC while I am working on it and I have tried changing things on the main HTPC

ok I only use tvdb for info, I download my own art and stick in in the folder where the tv show is

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 01:17:46 am »

ok I only use tvdb for info, I download my own art and stick in in the folder where the tv show is

Ah. Okay. I overlooked that in your first post.

So if you download your own Cover art for say the Series "Westworld", which must match the series name in your MC library, then the file should be named  "Westworld.png" or  "Westworld.jpg" depending of course on what format the image is.

That file should then be placed in "S:\Cover Art\Series\", so the full path is;
"S:\Cover Art\Series\Westworld.jpg".

Season Cover Art is similar, with just filename and folder changes. The file for Westorld Season 1 would be;
"S:\Cover Art\Seasons\Westworld - Season 1.jpg".

I think MC should just find the correct image files then, although you may need to give it a moment and refresh the Theatre View screen before it shows. Just switching to another series and back again should do it.

I don't think you can force an update of the Series or Season Cover Art, using the "Cover Art > Add from file" or "Quick Find In File/Cover Art Directory" functions, as they just update the Episode Cover Art, and using them can end up with Episode Cover Art for the Series and/or Seasons.

But I'm pretty sure that putting the Cover Art file in the correct location, named the correct way, will see MC update the Cover Art in Theatre View.

PS: TheTVDB is really broken at the moment. The site has a completely new look if you go to it directly, and the API that MC uses isn't returning any data at the moment. Bummer.

maid

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 01:44:40 am »

So if I am to understand I should not be saving it in the same folder as the files. eg I have Westworld season 1 season 2 in which I normally put the jpg in ea of those folders

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 02:19:15 am »

So if I am to understand I should not be saving it in the same folder as the files. eg I have Westworld season 1 season 2 in which I normally put the jpg in ea of those folders

Correct. You have to name them as per my examples, and they must go in the appropriate folders under the Cover Art folder you have specified in Options. i.e. "S:\Cover Art\Series\" and "S:\Cover Art\Seasons\".

The naming could be represented as "[Series].jpg" for Series Cover Art, and "[Series] - Season [Season].jpg" for Season Cover Art.

The way Series and Season Cover Art works is completely different to Episode Cover Art, which must be in the folder next to the video files.

maid

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 02:25:15 am »

So I have to save one in the folder with the file and one with the series?
On another note do you play 4k stuff?
I am having really bag lagging with some but not others.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2018, 03:05:52 am »

So I have to save one in the folder with the file and one with the series?

I can't explain it any clearer than this:

So if you download your own Cover art for say the Series "Westworld", which must match the series name in your MC library, then the file should be named  "Westworld.png" or  "Westworld.jpg" depending of course on what format the image is.

That file should then be placed in "S:\Cover Art\Series\", so the full path is;
"S:\Cover Art\Series\Westworld.jpg".

Season Cover Art is similar, with just filename and folder changes. The file for Westorld Season 1 would be;
"S:\Cover Art\Seasons\Westworld - Season 1.jpg".

Only the Episode Cover Art images should be placed next to the actual video files.

On another note do you play 4k stuff?

No I haven't plunged into the 4K world yet.

maid

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 03:57:30 am »

Just checked and the season file is there already but does not display in theater view I think it's how I have set up my display

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 05:18:51 am »

I can't think of any setting that changes the way Series and Season Cover Art works in MC. It is a fixed configuration.

How have you set up your display, that you think it makes a difference?

maid

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 05:30:21 am »

I have set TN for all new TV and TNA for watched TV
 under that are the episodes. maybe the way I have set the rules have affected the display

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 05:53:07 am »

I have set TN for all new TV and TNA for watched TV

I have no idea what that means. TN? TNA?
I could guess, but I would rather you explained.

under that are the episodes. maybe the way I have set the rules have affected the display

Rules for display don't change the Series and Season Cover Art display, as far as I am aware. The functionality in this area is very fixed.

maid

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 05:58:36 am »

as I said, TN is TV new. TNA is what has been watched, I think I read somewhere that the season covers were not working

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 07:11:18 am »

Season Cover Art is working fine for me Maid, and always has, except maybe for some short periods ages ago. Exactly what version of MC are you running? MC23.0.?.

I still have no idea what you mean by TN and TNA. I assume you are setting some field to those values, and using that in your display rules. If so, it is not standard, and as I can't read minds from a distance, I can't understand what you mean.

Regardless, Display Rules do not affect Cover Art display, as long as you are including the [Series] and [Season] tags in your Theatre View definition, similar to the standard Theatre View "Shows" view.

maid

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 07:14:57 am »

i am using the latest 23.104 I think. I will try and show you tomorrow the setup with screen dumps.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 07:32:38 am »

I found an old thread of yours: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,64479.0.html

It seems you are using a custom field for TV Sub Categories. Or using a standard field to store custom information.

Screen dumps of your setup will be the only way I will make sense of your setup, so probably a good idea.

maid

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 06:18:24 pm »

Here are a few screen dumps, hope you can work it out.
If you need more let me know. thanks again for your help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 11:26:19 pm »

Okay, I can see from the first image that you do indeed have TN and TNa categories that you use in your Theatre View view definitions. That is the most useful image, but I'm afraid it, and all the others, are too cropped down and just don't show enough to be helpful.

As you have obviously customised that view quite a bit, it would be too much work for me to understand what you have done and what the problem may be based on screen dumps.

What I suggest that you do is create a new small temporary library, don't allow it to import anything, and take a look at the standard Theatre View definition for TV Shows. That may help you find out what is wrong. In fact you could manually import just one TV show folder, perhaps the Genius show, and see if the Series and Season Cover Art works correctly in that temporary library. If it does work, then you know you have broken something in your main library. If it doesn't work, then you have something wrong with the way you are naming or the location you are saving Cover Art images.

I believe that it would be a problem with your Theatre View definition structure, rather than the Rules for Display, as the Rule are just filters on the files to be selected, while the view structure defines what MC knows about the files that are selected. Specifically, if your View structure prevents MC from knowing the Series name and Season numbers, MC won't find the correct associated Cover Art image.

Have a think about that, compare the standard view to your view, and see if you can find a difference that may be causing this problem.

maid

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 01:23:56 am »

ok will try that thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up