INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendations for portable audio player  (Read 2255 times)

storm95

• Recent member
Recommendations for portable audio player
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:15:59 pm »

Searched wiki the web and JRiver with little ? results. Might be time to post a listing of supported audio devices.
Reccomendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

swiv3d

Re: Recommendations for portable audio player
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 02:48:53 pm »

Any player which appears as a drive in windows explorer when plugged into a usb port should be compatible. My sony has a slow usb 2  connection so I just sync to the card removed and placed into a usb 3 card reader. Saves a lot of time.

storm95

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 03:13:11 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 03:39:10 pm »

Looked at some reviews of the fiio and they didn't look good. I ordered a fiio some time ago and it had to go straight back with a defective headphone output. Replaced it with a cowon X9 which was great until the battery went flat and I found you couldn't recharge once this happens, so opted for a little sony walkman NWZ-A15 which plays my hires files a treat, doesn't do dsf though.Put a 128GB card into it and now it has 6,400 mp3 320 bit tracks on it.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 04:12:08 pm »

AGPTek has some nice offerings in just about every form factor if you are on a budget. Some of their higher end players use top notch SoC's.  Don't expect too much from the UI but you will get used to it.

kbtrans

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 11:52:00 am »

Bryan, have you exported playlists to an AGPTek device? I spent $200+ on a Sony Walkman that's going back because no one at Sony can figure out how to get it to recognize the m3u playlist from JRiver Media Center even though it's on the device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up