INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: interfaces to ignore - problem  (Read 1191 times)

swiv3d

interfaces to ignore - problem
« on: June 01, 2018, 11:17:49 am »

I have a smart tv on my network which I tried to block from accessing MC server. The address is 192.168.1.200 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. I entered 192.168.1.200/24 into the interfaces to ignore section in tools>options>media network>advanced. This as required blocked the smart tv from accessing the server, but all of the other Dynamic zones on my network also vanished. They all then reappear when I clear the interfaces to ignore selection. Is this a bug? Windows 10 (latest updates); MC 24.0.30 64bit.

macallan18

• Recent member
Re: interfaces to ignore - problem
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 06:11:42 pm »

The /24 may be blocking the entire subnet.  Can you just put the IP address without the /24?

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 06:16:36 pm »

Ok that works, but why ask for the / subnetmask bits if they are not needed. Anyway, thanks so much for your help.

macallan18

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:37:13 am »

If that's what the instructions said to do, they should probably update them.  Glad your problem is fixed, hope mine gets fixed soon too.

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 11:33:19 am »

Was that the WDM driver problem? Mine seems to be working, just tried it probably because there is no secure boot on the machine.

macallan18

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 12:25:53 pm »

Was that the WDM driver problem? Mine seems to be working, just tried it probably because there is no secure boot on the machine.

That's the problem indeed, I can't turn off secureboot unfortunately.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 12:57:42 pm »

The "interface to ignore" option is meant to ignore entire network cards, its not designed to ignore individual hosts. If you want that, using the Windows firewall might be a better bet. I would be surprised if ignoring a single IP through that option actually worked properly, to be honest.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

swiv3d

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 02:36:23 pm »

Well Hendrick you are absolutely correct, the offending item disappeared from the list of DLNA renderers for about 24 hours and is now back. Why it disappeared after the network ignore entry is a complete mystery to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up