INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offline Playback on iOS devices  (Read 2565 times)

moter

• Recent member
Offline Playback on iOS devices
« on: June 06, 2018, 09:31:54 am »

Wouldn't it be nice to use JRemote to play FLAC files from your MC server on your iPhone even when you can't get a WiFi or cellular signal?

The current streaming capability is great.  But what about the times when we can't stream because we lack a WiFi or mobile carrier signal?  Like on commercial aircraft, or driving in rural areas.

Would it be possible to enable a future version of the JRemote client to store some amount of selections for offline playback on the iPhone or iPad?

iOS Client software for Spotify, Qobuz, Korg's iAudioGate on the iPhone and iPas all can do this in their  apps.  So there must be a way to make this possible.  Obviously, Spotify is not streaming FLAC, and I'm not sure of the file format used by Qobuz for its lossless streaming, but the sound quality is EXCELLENT.  Some form of offline playback with JRemote would seem like a very welcome addition.

Many times we are in locations where we cannot get a wireless signal and we'd like to hear music from our MC server -- like on commercial aircraft.  Sometimes, the carrier signal is too weak or intermittent,  such as driving in rural areas. 

Does anyone else want this feature?

Surely, it's been asked and answered.  I'm not a programmer and I'm a newbie here so forgive me if this question is worn out and unwelcome.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Offline Playback on iOS devices
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:01:37 am »

that would be great ...

sync to mobile is done directly to ios ... so not through JRemote

this is the only reason i still keep Plex around ... though really wanna ditch it for one solution in JRiver even though i have Plex lifetime subscription
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:00:22 am »

Came here hoping this has been addressed...unfortunately no.

I'd rather pay for this update than the move from Media Center 23 to 25...23 does what I want it to do for Music.

Listening offline inc Flac is what I'm really looking for...

Any plans for a future Remote update to allow this?
(Could well be an Apple limitation I guess...?)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 12:50:56 pm »

MO 4Media supports downloading and offline playback in iOS.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up