INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with Wavelength DAC  (Read 518 times)

gmbillson

Issue with Wavelength DAC
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:29:17 pm »

I upgraded to MC24 from MC19 a few days ago and there's an intermittent issue with the Wavelength Cosecant DAC that I use.  It always worked perfectly with MC19.  Every day or two (typically after it's been idle overnight) if I try and play something the sound is garbled - it sounds like I'm listening to a singing Dalek.  If I close MC and re-start it then it works perfectly again - for around 24 to 48 hours.  I don't have to restart the OS, just the MC client program.

I have always used the Wavelength USB driver with both MC19 and now MC24, and it is selected as the audio device in the settings.

All settings are the same between MC24 and MC19, it's just that MC19 works without any issues and MC24 does not. I am running Windows 8.1 on the server and MC is the only application that runs on it.

Any advice?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Issue with Wavelength DAC
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:44:24 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

You may be using the 64 bit version of MC now.  The driver may work with 32 bit MC but not 64 bit.  Try without the Wavelength driver.

You could try the 32 bit version of MC.  It's on the Download Page.

gmbillson

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 12:08:11 pm »

Thanks for the advice.  I think I'm running the 32 bit version, the download file name is MediaCenter240030, I notice on the download page an option with an x64 suffix and I did not use that (because I didn't notice it - I just pressed the big button and I think that gives the 32 bit version).

The DAC will work using different drivers (such as Direct Sound) but the sound quality isn't quite as good, and it was sound quality that was the reason for buying this particular DAC.  Do you recommend me trying the 64 bit version to see what happens?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:24:38 pm »

It's worth a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up