INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [24.0.30; Query] Setting up ZoneSync through the cloud  (Read 868 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
[24.0.30; Query] Setting up ZoneSync through the cloud
« on: June 13, 2018, 08:41:39 pm »

So I would like to link a local zone to a zone on another computer a state over. What would be the step-by-step process to do this? What MC options would need to be enabled on each machine?

My machine is a Windows 10 PC. The remote computer is a Chromebook running GalliumOS with MC for Linux installed on it. The former is the server which has all of my library assets and I would like to play a given file to it while pushing the same to the latter. Both are running MC24.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: [24.0.30; Query] Setting up ZoneSync through the cloud
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 03:27:50 pm »

So I would like to link a local zone to a zone on another computer a state over. What would be the step-by-step process to do this? What MC options would need to be enabled on each machine?

My machine is a Windows 10 PC. The remote computer is a Chromebook running GalliumOS with MC for Linux installed on it. The former is the server which has all of my library assets and I would like to play a given file to it while pushing the same to the latter. Both are running MC24.
An interesting idea.
I don't think there is a way to make this happen right now given the way remote zones are added (dynamically only).
I suppose if you setup a vpn to the remote and passed ssdp though the vpn you might be able to get the remote to show up as a DLNA renderer....
Pages: [1]   Go Up