INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding to 'my stations'  (Read 1141 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
adding to 'my stations'
« on: June 07, 2003, 07:38:34 am »

If I have copied the URL for a radio stream to 'Open Streaming File', is there a way to add this stream to 'My Stations'?

Note: this will not work in many cases because a 'date' is associated with the stream's URL.  I also note the 'Open' dialog has a recall ability for previously used, but URLs can be very non-descript.
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

Marko

Re: adding to 'my stations'
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 10:07:31 am »

so you've discovered that the "webmedia" area is just a little errmm, cumbersome ;)

Here's what I've found works best for me here....

1st, ensure that the streaming format is associated with MC (Tools > Options > File Associations) then click your url in your browser. In the file download dialogue, click on the "open" button and MC should open up and play the stream.

Now, simply create a playlist called WebRadio or something equally descriptive, and send your station to it from it's current home in "playing now".

Next time you want to listen, call it from the playlist and you should be good to go. Be wary of busy servers though, MC's error message for a faled connection can be a bit scary the first time you see it!!

there is some quirkiness around this area, but overall, it works pretty well.

that help a little?

-marko.

shAf

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 05:37:33 am »

... simply create a playlist called WebRadio or something equally descriptive, and send your station to it from it's current home in "playing now".

This procedure looks good, but I'm having problems with what you desribe here.  For example, I have:
<http://www.smokestacklightnin.com/realmedia/smokestack.ram>
playing, and it shows as an icon in "playing now" ... but if I drag its "playing now" instance to the playlist I created, I end up lots of entries in the playlist, all of which do nothing.  What do you mean "send your stantion from 'playing now'"?

shAf

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 05:44:36 am »

... What do you mean "send your stantion from 'playing now'"?

Disregard previous post ...
menu: tools ~ send to ~ playlist ~ (specific playlist) ...

Thanx for this ... it will work well!!! (but not for all streams)

shAf

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2003, 03:27:24 am »

... it will work well!!!

Not as well as I thought ...

The playlist worked well as long as I was plugged into my home lan, but has disappeared now that I'm plugged into the university lan.  Why would a playlist otherwise disappear  ?  Was it somehow dependent on the fact I had been connected to my home's MC9 Media Server, even while the playlist was not server dependent?
Pages: [1]   Go Up