INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting songs from main library  (Read 1082 times)

hkurtz5

• Recent member
Deleting songs from main library
« on: June 21, 2018, 03:18:10 pm »

I'm wondering why I cannot delete duplicate songs in the main library permanently? I remember seeing some message that stated the library was opened only in a read-only state.  I want to be able to remove duplicate permanently.  How do you do this.  This is the main reason why I have not purchased a license yet because this is unacceptable to me.  Please let me know how this operation is done.

Thank you

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deleting songs from main library
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 10:17:31 am »

It sounds like you may have more than one instance of MC running at the same time. The first instance will get R/W priority and the second will be R/O.

hkurtz5

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 05:05:25 pm »

Not that I am aware of there is only one instance running on my Linux OS min 18.3.  I do not understand why I cannot clean-up my database and it just reverts to duplicates.  I will not buy a product that has flaws this apparent.  Explain, if I am mistaken, but I've been fighting with this since I've downloaded the software.  I understand it's my fault originally to have copies of albums on different areas of my computer, but this should an issue that can be solved through remediation.

scorpio81

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 12:50:08 am »

Check auto-import and disable it if enabled. If you still need auto-import then configure import so that files previously removed from media library are ignored. See if this helps.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 03:15:40 pm »

Check auto-import and disable it if enabled. If you still need auto-import then configure import so that files previously removed from media library are ignored. See if this helps.
Also if you have multiple locations in the auto-import that are symlinks they will be seen as physically separate locations (which is the point of a symlink).
Pages: [1]   Go Up