INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oddities  (Read 758 times)

isu1992

• Recent member
Oddities
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:53:00 am »

I have two oddities that have been noticed with the newest version of MC24. 

- On one machine running Windows 8.1 Pro, Each time the unit sleeps due to inactivity, if I had MC 24 running, it gives me an error on MC 24 when it wakes.  Nothing specific...just "we've encountered a problem and the program must be restart..press ok".   I have gone back to MC 23 on that machine and it works fine now.
- On my second machine running the most current version of Windows 10, each time the unit goes to sleep and rewakes while I have a show paused (for the kids to eat their meal), it has exited the show and I have to restart the show and fast forward to the place we were before

Both these little oddities are remedied when I go back to MC 23 and both are annoying enough that I'll stay there until it's fixed.

iimki

Re: Oddities
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 09:30:08 am »

the one problem about the video stopping after it has paused can be fix by :
going to the menu listed across the top of Media center
select tools then at the bottom of that list select options
select video, in the box on the right select advanced and you will find a setting to change the behavior when you pause a video

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Oddities
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 05:44:07 pm »

As iimki says, there is a setting in "Options > Video > Advanced" called "Stop after a long pause". If that is checked, MC will stop playback after being paused for 10 minutes.

But that should save a Bookmark for where you are up to, and when you start playback again it should start at the correct point. Read the "Bookmarking" Wiki article to see if you can work out why that isn't happening.

The Windows 8.1 error is a strange one. Maybe make sure you have backups of the MC Library, uninstall both MC23 and MC24, then do all Windows updates, and reinstall MC24, restore the backup, and try again. Some Windows updates have been breaking stuff, and a clean reinstall seems to help sometimes.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up