INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't restore library after external drive had controller failure  (Read 2016 times)

Chuck_R

Preparing to install MC24 for Mac on my Mini (which has been running MC21 on a 64GB SDHC card with OSx Yosemite, music library on a 1TB external drive connected via FW800)  I discovered most of my albums I loaded with MC21 displayed would not play back "Something went wrong..."  I attempted to do a backup and restore which reported it was successful but the problem remains.  Upon investigation I found my external HDD which has the bulk of my music library on it would not mount.  I opened it and connected the drive to a usb adapter and was able to mount it and read/write to it.  It still has the music I previously ripped to it.  After doing a virus scan on the drive finding nothing, I did a copy and paste of the contents to  an external 4TB drive for additional back up and reformatted the drive.  I reinstalled the drive into the case, connected it via FW800 as before and it works with out issue!?  I did a copy and paste to return the original content to the newly formatted drive but I am still getting the Something went wrong error even after doing another Library restore.  I had been doing library backups on a 1TB usb drive each week prior to having these issues as well as time machine backups.

In addition, the latest music I ripped is on the SDHC card and after doing a restore some of the albums are also indicating could not be played.  The music files are on the card but it seems the restore attempts aren't working properly.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for being there to ask for help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up