INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Madvr Scaling within MC24  (Read 1746 times)

mike0zero

• Recent member
Madvr Scaling within MC24
« on: July 05, 2018, 05:18:52 am »

I appreciate that this might be a MADVR issue but at this moment I am unable to post on the Doom9 forums and I am struggling to understand why 2180p videos seems to be down converting to 1080p within MC24.

The image displayed through the projector is actually 2160p as I ask JRiver to output 2160p @23fps but when I click on the Madvr ctrl-J settings it shows scale 0,0, 3840,2610---- 0,0 1920, 1080.

I then trust MC24 upscales the images back to 2160p, is this how it is meant to work?

Can anybody tell me why this is happening as really I want avoid additional processing that might not be required.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Madvr Scaling within MC24
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 05:38:46 am »

This does not happen by default.

There are several options:
(a) Your screen is actually running at 1080p
(b) You changed the scaling settings of Media Center in Windows (which some people have been suggesting to fix their weird issues, but its really best left untouched)
(c) You messed with the madVR settings, specifically its display changer
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mike0zero

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 06:22:14 am »

This does not happen by default.

There are several options:
(a) Your screen is actually running at 1080p
(b) You changed the scaling settings of Media Center in Windows (which some people have been suggesting to fix their weird issues, but its really best left untouched)
(c) You messed with the madVR settings, specifically its display changer

Hi Hendrik

Thanks for prompt reply, to answer your questions:

a). My screen is a Sony 4K projector and states that it is receiving a 2160p image - upscaled by MC24 I presume.

b). This situation occurs even when I reset Madvr to base settings.

c). Can you elaborate on this, are you referring to the refresh rates, if so I let MC24 do this and it is not enabled in Madvr.

Plus I have just re installed MC23 and using same settings for MC and Madvr on the same film it does not downscale the video?

Regards

Mike

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 08:20:37 am »

(b) is not related to madVR, but the Windows scaling settings, in which you can configure exceptions for applications - which one should not be doing for Media Center.

There is a 4th option that I forgot, if you run a multi-monitor setup with different DPI, ie. a 1080p screen at 100% and a 4K screen at 200%, then this might happen, because per-monitor DPI in Windows and MC don't agree easily.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mike0zero

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 04:07:19 pm »

(b) is not related to madVR, but the Windows scaling settings, in which you can configure exceptions for applications - which one should not be doing for Media Center.

There is a 4th option that I forgot, if you run a multi-monitor setup with different DPI, ie. a 1080p screen at 100% and a 4K screen at 200%, then this might happen, because per-monitor DPI in Windows and MC don't agree easily.

Actually I think it was option (b) I must of inadvertently changed one of the DPI settings, I have since gone back in and changed a couple of options and the scaling issue has gone away it is now sending native 2160p to the projector...

Thanks for your help..
Pages: [1]   Go Up