INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote and Streaming Requests  (Read 834 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
JRemote and Streaming Requests
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:10:25 am »

I have been a loyal JRiver user since Version 16 , and have used it as my primary server since then.

My system comprises a Desktop PC running JRiver across an Ethernet network  along with a Cambridge Audio CXN streamer and a MyGica video streamer.

The PC acts as a server and whilst not headless it may as well be. It is well removed from the listening area. I use the main MC program for admin etc , I never use it for music selection.

My practice is to use JRemote as a control point (on either an iPad Mini or and android cell phone) to manage what I listen via my 2 streamers in true couch potato style. I do not have any form of HTPC running in my listening area, just the two streamers

I am happy at the improvements that are being made to the main program BUT when will I be able to use them from my armchair via JRemote

Specifically the new streaming options etc , as I see it I have to go to the server and set the stream going , am I missing something?

I have 3 specific requirements that I (so far) cannot achieve, unless I am missing something. I have tried setting up new views in Options etc to no avail.

Tidal streaming direct to my CXN (or Quobus , we don’t have Quobus locally so its not an issue)
Internet Radio streaming
MC’s new Streaming options

Mike

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote and Streaming Requests
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 06:15:15 am »

We may get some streaming working in JRemote, but don't expect a major overhaul.

Panel has the best implementation so far.

Tidal and Qobuz aren't planned.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote and Streaming Requests
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 06:17:49 am »

It's also possible to save a stream to a playlist and play that.  It's not great, but it works.

Play the stream (direct link) in MC

Right click on it in Playing Now > Send to > Playlist
Pages: [1]   Go Up