INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist creation in JRemote for iOS mostly not working.  (Read 632 times)

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
Playlist creation in JRemote for iOS mostly not working.
« on: July 20, 2018, 11:43:39 am »

I was going to post a reply on a previous thread but it is locked. I can confirm that with my iphone 5 (iOS 10) and 6 plus (iOS 11) -- have not tried with my samsung tablet and ipad air -- I am unable to create and edit playlists from within JRemote -- songs that are in the current playing queu, that is... The message is along the lines of "failed to create playlist" etc. I have only been recently using JRemote more extensively, but now have gone back to mostly using my NAS's (Synology) native music app because of this. It's a pain being unable to add and delete or edit currently playing songs to playlists I've made, or even create a new one in the first place using the "action" button.

And this is with the authentication code entered as well... both in my local home network and through my phone's LTE network.

HOWEVER, there is still one way of creating a new playlist or add a song into an existing playlist: and that's through holding near the right edge of a track and swiping INDIVIDUALLY to the left until a green slider button appears to add it to a playlist. This is okay for a few songs but not for bigger lists. Moreover, you can't even delete songs from a playlist by swiping to the opposite direction. There is just no option for it. While Synology's music app is around five times slower than JRemote -- I have a much older 1Ghz model -- I still find myself prefering so much more over JRemote.

Maybe this can be fixed with just a slight tweak in the code? ... given that such an "action" button must have worked in previous iOS versions or else why put it there at all.

*Side note but related to the remote: JRemote's image/photo section is also severly lacking. Browsing through thumbnails is super quick, again so much faster than Synology's native Photo app. But, when it comes to viewing album folders of many photos and into slideshows, it just does not work well. I can open individual pictures one at a time, but cannot swipe through the following next pictures. This is disappointing given that even my NAS's most basic free tier apps outperform JRemote when it comes to shear usability and ease of use with my smart devices.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Playlist creation in JRemote for iOS mostly not working.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 06:59:26 am »

JRemote needs to be updated.  I'm pretty sure people would actually pay for upgrades (esp. those of us using iOS), the same way a lot of us pay for the yearly upgrades for the main desktop program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up