INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot play DSD with idpi 3b+ as renderer  (Read 981 times)

jacevedo

• Recent member
Cannot play DSD with idpi 3b+ as renderer
« on: July 25, 2018, 02:05:53 pm »

Using a PC with MC 24 and a 1TB Music SSD HD in Office room, Main speakers in Music room 30 Feet away from Office.
Using an iFi iDSD BL as a Dac/Preamp to play Flac and DSD from PC to music room via Ethernet.
Trying to use an iDpi 3B+ as a renderer. (Upgraded from 3B to be able to use GB ethernet.)
The iDpi 3B+ and the iDSD BL DAC located in music room to be able to control volume in the music room.
Using RCA output on iDSD BL to connect to Amplifier and main Speakers.
Using JPlay to choose what music to hear.

If I connect the iFi iDSD BL to the PC via USB3 I can play DSD128, flac and MQA.

If I set the IDPI 3B+ as a DLNA Player I can also play DSD128, FLAC and MQA.

When I use the IDPI 3B+ as a renderer and try to play DSD Files, if I give full volume to the iDSD BL I can hear a very faint music playing.
Flac and MQA PLAY just fine.

So, I guess this idpi 3B+ gigabit Ethernet connection which is some kind of a USB2 to gigabyte Ethernet limited conversion (max 300 Mbps) is not good for (dsd) music purposes or I am missing a Tools option on the renderer. I have tried so many combinations with no luck. Contacted iFi but had no luck in getting an answer from them, after all it is an idpi 3B+ problem.
Any suggestions?

ikoiko

• Recent member
Re: Cannot play DSD with idpi 3b+ as renderer
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 02:35:41 pm »

Do you have bitstreaming enabled? Try changing this setting and see what happens.

Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA Servers > Advanced > Bitstream DSD

jacevedo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 04:54:55 pm »

Yes I have Bitstreaming on and also tried Native DSD option.

jacevedo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 04:38:30 pm »

Still waiting for a good response to my question about the id pi 3b+ as a renderer not been able to play DSD. i tried disabling the volume and I can hear the DSD file playing loud but in a on/pop/off/on/pop... so that the volume is now ok but the music is interrupted by continous pops. Yes, DSD Streaming is on. Is there anyone using the idpi 3b+ as a renderer and able to play DSD? Please give me your settings.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 01:30:17 am »

The Pi probably can't do DSD.  It's a low power machine.

Jplay isn't supported or recommended.

You could try increasing buffer sizes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up