INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Conversion Cache won't use Custom Folder  (Read 847 times)

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver Conversion Cache won't use Custom Folder
« on: July 26, 2018, 12:59:00 pm »

In the past, I set the Conversion Cache to a named folder in my OneDrive. Purpose being that any album I sent to my phone or USB would automatically have a converted version available to any device of mine in OneDrive.

Since, I think, MC23 but definitely now in MC24, you cannot set a Custom Folder name. Whatever you do - choose foldername in the selection dialogue or allow it to add JRiver Conversion Cache than delete that part - it puts JRiver Conversion Cache as a subfolder to it. So the path becomes foldername/JRiver Conversion Cache.

Is there anyway JRiver can be set to use foldername as the path to the conversion cache (and not foldername/JRiver Conversion Cache).

Thanks

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Conversion Cache won't use Custom Folder
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:51:11 am »

There appears to be no way to rename JRiver Conversion Cache to (eg) JRiver. I've tried several times but the change is never saved. Is this  correct - if you are using a conversion cache, the name is hard wired to be "JRiver Conversion Cache"?
Thanks.

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 04:20:43 pm »

You seem to have hit the nail on the head. JRiver will insist on using a folder called JRiver Conversion Cache. Of course if that is in your one drive folder all devices using one drive will have access to the files.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 04:22:23 pm »

A simple search of the Release Notes Wiki:

23.0.47 (8/31/2017)
4. Changed: Conversion cache folders are enforced to always be underneath a "JRiver Conversion Cache" folder.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 04:26:03 pm »

Indeed that part of the path is enforced now, primary reason being that MC can actually clear out the cache under certain circumstances, and people setting it to their music folders or other important folders would accidentally lose files. Thats why we enforce a special folder now that cannot be mistaken for anything else.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 03:24:59 am »

Thank you all for your explanations. Understood. I do try to look through the info that exists but this time after looking through pages of stuff on forum and wiki missed the release notes. The dialog box allows you to change the name and click save but then doesn't change it - I think that's what confused me.

One last question, my existing cache (JRiver) contains a lot of albums that have been converted over the years. If I move these into the JRiver Conversion Cache folder, will JRiver be able to see these and not convert again if I send a previously converted album to the Handheld?

Thanks and Compliments of the Season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up