INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume levelling for CD burning  (Read 907 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Volume levelling for CD burning
« on: August 13, 2018, 12:51:06 pm »

I'm putting together some CDs to go in a friends jukebox for a party. I've noticed significantly different volumes between tracks. I know I can analyze the volume for adjustment during playback in MC, but is there anything simple I can do to equalise the volume on tracks being burnt to an audio CD.

Cheers

swiv3d

Re: Volume levelling for CD burning
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 02:36:59 pm »

Go to Tools>Options>Burning and check the box for crossfade and DSP. Then click the ...DSP Settings link and chose volume levelling in the dsp studio pop up menu. One thing to remember if you select tracks and just send them to the burner is that it will organise the list by album name so you might want to shuffle it before burning.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 03:27:24 pm »

or put them in a playlist the way you want them
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 03:41:53 pm »

Very true ~OHM~

I forgot to mention that it is probably best to ensure that the files you are using have been audio analysed.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 05:35:20 pm »

Thanks guys, they were already in playlists, but I wasn't sure about the DSP thing working for burn as well as playback. The options look clear enough, I'll give it a go tomorrow when my other problem is resolved; I've run out of disks ;-)

PS. Slight moment of panic as the Analyze Audio option was greyed out when I selected the tracks in the various playlists. Thought I'd have to go back to the actual files which are scattered across multiple albums etc. But no, I was trying to run Analyze Audio from a network client. Quick switch over to the server, and it all ran smoothly. Phew
Pages: [1]   Go Up