INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with DLNA via Media Center 24 on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+  (Read 1167 times)

jdb2

• Recent member

I recently upgraded to JRiver Media Center 24 on my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, on the latest version of Raspbian. I never used to have any problems streaming over DLNA to my various devices, but, for some reason, with Media Center 24, all but one of my blu-ray players works with Media Center 24 when connected to it via DLNA. The problem I'm having is that I can browse the media library fine via DLNA on all of my devices, but, when I *play* a file the device in question locks up, and needs to be power cycled to work again, and nothing is played. I've tried changing various DLNA profiles and other options but nothing seems to help. When trying to stream to an Oppo 105 blu-ray player, the player locks up. When I tried to stream to a Sony BDPS790, I again experience a lockup. The only blu-ray player that will work is an Oppo 205.

Note that I have DLNA set up so that my ALAC audio files in my library get converted to 16-bit PCM.

Any help or diagnostic suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

jdb2

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with DLNA via Media Center 24 on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 03:43:45 pm »

I recently upgraded to JRiver Media Center 24 on my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+, on the latest version of Raspbian. I never used to have any problems streaming over DLNA to my various devices, but, for some reason, with Media Center 24, all but one of my blu-ray players works with Media Center 24 when connected to it via DLNA. The problem I'm having is that I can browse the media library fine via DLNA on all of my devices, but, when I *play* a file the device in question locks up, and needs to be power cycled to work again, and nothing is played. I've tried changing various DLNA profiles and other options but nothing seems to help. When trying to stream to an Oppo 105 blu-ray player, the player locks up. When I tried to stream to a Sony BDPS790, I again experience a lockup. The only blu-ray player that will work is an Oppo 205.

Note that I have DLNA set up so that my ALAC audio files in my library get converted to 16-bit PCM.

Any help or diagnostic suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

jdb2
Would you look under the MC DLNA server configuration and tell us what are the settings for Audio format and under Audio format Advanced->Audio formats to convert?

jdb2

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:51:12 pm »

Would you look under the MC DLNA server configuration and tell us what are the settings for Audio format and under Audio format Advanced->Audio formats to convert?

I apologize for the belated reply.

The DLNA server configuration for Audio format is PCM 16-bit.

For "Audio formats to convert", every supported audio format is checked.

jdb2

EDIT : Note that the music files are stored on a Windows CIFS share, but, that has never presented me with a problem in the past -- the share is set to be automounted in fstab, and, I checked if it was indeed mounted when I was testing DLNA, and it was.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 09:14:18 am »

I apologize for the belated reply.

The DLNA server configuration for Audio format is PCM 16-bit.

For "Audio formats to convert", every supported audio format is checked.

jdb2

EDIT : Note that the music files are stored on a Windows CIFS share, but, that has never presented me with a problem in the past -- the share is set to be automounted in fstab, and, I checked if it was indeed mounted when I was testing DLNA, and it was.
Since all of the formats are checked in the Audio formats to convert section they will all get converted. If you are doing volume leveling you might want that but if not you probably don't want to convert formats that the renderers can play natively.

That said, it should still work as you have it configured though I would change the format from PCM 16-bit to PCM L16 No Header since that is required to be supported by the DLNA spec and the PCM 16 bit (really wave) isn't.

To make sure that the material is available for playback, try playing a track from your share locally on the Pi. That will show up any problems with mount access, etc...
Pages: [1]   Go Up