INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Is Sound Quality Of JR Upmix 2Ch to Mch?  (Read 763 times)

susieQ

• Recent member
What Is Sound Quality Of JR Upmix 2Ch to Mch?
« on: August 25, 2018, 09:17:27 am »

RE DSP Studio Output Format:

My files are almost entirely stereo PCM ripped from redbook cd's. Am wondering how JR's up-mix-quality sounds compared to a quality pre-pro's DTS Neural:X expander, for example.

I wish to try playing 2ch stereo files upmixed to 5ch plus subs. As yet, have not made any purchases towards that end because the answer to the question here will largely determine what I'll require or not.

I realize this is a subjective evaluation on your part. I'm also aware that I will not achieve the quality of discrete mch and will lose some of the resolution presently available in stereo playback. With that in mind, all opinions are welcome!

Current system: Server with Lynx AES16e > xlr breakout cable > Antelope Zodiac Gold/Voltikus with Cybershaft Word Clock > xlr > pair Focal SM9. Sound reproduction is highly resolving.

The Question:

For those that use JR's up mix to play 2ch files in a surround system, is the experience sufficiently pleasing compared to a DTS Neural:X, as one good example, that you would repeat it often enough to warrant a substantial investment in additional equipment?

Thanks!
Susan

Pages: [1]   Go Up