INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with log  (Read 511 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Help with log
« on: August 28, 2018, 10:31:58 am »

I changed to a new media machine, and brought my library over, and I have a problem that is pretty widespread.
Video files just don't play. I have a blu ray of "Empire Strikes Back" and it doesn't play. I have even navigated to the mt2s file and it won't play either. No error message, just blinks and stays at the standard view. I have made a log, but it is so long and complicated, I can't see what is wrong.
Can any of you experts look at this and give me a hint on where to go to fix it?

Thanks,
Don

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with log
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 10:35:04 am »

Opening the audio device fails. As far as I remember, the Star Wars Blu-rays have 6.1 audio, which may be a bit more uncommon then usual. I would recommend to enable mixing in DSP Studio.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Help with log
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 12:11:40 pm »

You mean enable JRSS mixing? It is set. Always use that.
I am having a real hard time understanding the use of the output format page.
For output encoding I have to choose None, right? DTS isn't enough channels, and all the rest seem to be for 2 channel audio, so I leave it at none. The other side asks how many channels. I have always set it to source, it makes the most sense. But setting it to 5.1 or 7.1 seems to have no effect. Setting to to two channels does, but I don't need stereo movies, I want 7.1. Which did work on the previous machine.
Is there a setting that will just play everything? VLC has no problem with this MT2S file, but I don't want to use VLC, of course.

How does changing what you have attached to the HDMI jack effect the ability to play something back? I get the "Can't start playback on selected device" all the time. But the device is a high end ATMOS enabled 7.1+ channel receiver. It can play anything, That's why the choice and the error baffle me. I want it to play the same number of channels that are in the file, no more or less. Do I need bitstreaming? Why is it recommended to be off? Don't you need it for multichannel (3 channels plus) audio?  If I turn it off, and play the Star Wars file, it says can't start 7.1 sound, would I like to convert it to 2 channel?.. No, of course not.

Any help would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up