INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: video freezing on "present several frames in advance"  (Read 1532 times)

squeedle

• World Citizen
video freezing on "present several frames in advance"
« on: August 29, 2018, 10:22:44 pm »

MC23. I realize this is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but would anyone be willing to help me try to troubleshoot and solve a video problem?

MC seems to freeze up every 5-10 minutes when I playback video files--the video freezes but the audio continues, then the video catches up after 5-10 seconds and everything is back to normal for another 5-10 minutes. EXCEPT if I disable "present several frames in advance". I understand this should not be necessary and puts MC into some kind of "Legacy Mode"...

Render times seem fine. I'm really not sure what else to look at as far as troubleshooting. I've tried resetting MadVR to default settings using the special .bat file and it doesn't help.

Computer is a Windows 7 PC with i7 CPU and GTX 750 Ti video card. Should be fairly capable...

Sorry to resort to asking for help, very frustrated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: video freezing on "present several frames in advance"
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 11:44:27 pm »

Are you using Red October HQ?  Don't use a different version of madVR.

Try Red October Standard.  That will probably tell you if it is a madVR problem or not.

There is no "legacy mode" in MC.  The Red October setting determines whether it uses madVR.

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 12:03:10 am »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/MadVR_Expert_Guide
"Present several frames in advance should always be enabled. Disabling this puts madVR into the legacy FSE mode, which has not been supported for years at this point."

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 12:25:09 am »

Please answer what I asked.

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 09:01:26 am »

Yes using Red October HQ.

Can you please clarify, "Disabling this puts madVR into the legacy FSE mode, which has not been supported for years at this point"?

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 09:46:24 am »

FSE ... full screen exclusive

think most using Windowed mode now
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 10:28:03 am »

That's a madVR question.  Not an MC question.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 05:54:45 pm »

Delete the madVR directory from MC, and uninstall any other copy of madVR you may have installed on the PC. Reboot. Try playing a video again is ROHQ, MC will redownload madVR.

If just that doesn't work, reinstall MC as well, just over the top of the existing installation.

See how that goes.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 06:45:36 pm »

Thanks for the reply, Roderick. Will try.

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 12:20:56 am »

I think I finally stumbled upon a fix. Deselecting the option to "hardware accelerate video when possible" (or something close to that) in the general video settings (not in the madvr settings) seems to have resolved this problem.

Still curious why this was happening. I thought my video card should have been more than capable of what was being asked of it. But who knows. Things are working now, guess that's the main thing. Thanks again to Roderick and TIJ for your replies.

JimH, as usual, not very pleasant interacting with you. I'm sure you're a brilliant programmer, but wish you'd leave the customer service to other people.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 05:08:09 am »

The GTX 750 Ti video card is a four and a half year old design, but I am surprised it came down to the Hardware Acceleration setting. I would have expected that to work fine with that card. But I'm not expert of video cards.

However, if there is a newer driver, I would try that. Otherwise I would be a bit suspicious of the card. Maybe it is a bit dodgy.

But hey, if turning off that setting works, and you are happy, all is good.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

squeedle

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 10:37:10 am »

I wish I knew more about this subject too. I did update the drivers but it had no effect. Maybe the card is simply on its way out?

Anyway, thanks again. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up