INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Position (time) no longer correct in JRemote (iOS 12)  (Read 545 times)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Position (time) no longer correct in JRemote (iOS 12)
« on: September 22, 2018, 09:43:57 am »

I'm using MC 24.0.52 and JRemote 3.25 on an iPad just upgraded to iOS 12.

I'm able to navigate views correctly and start an album playing an ODroid running Kodi 17 fine.  The playback status on JRemote, though, keeps cycling back to the start of the playing track once it gets, say, 5 seconds in.  On MC itself, the progress appears fine (and seemingly accurate); so, it appears it is just JRemote that is getting confused or not tracking status correctly.

Any thoughts?

I need to see if track transitions occur normally or not.  My first impression is that they're not.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Position (time) no longer correct in JRemote (iOS 12)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 10:11:50 am »

Hmm... after rebooting both the PC running MC and the ODroid/Kodi renderer, things seem to be behaving better.

I have some time this morning to play with the system, so I'll keep an eye on its behavior.  (I may also give Panel another look; given that JRemote was one of the key attractions back when I started using JRiver, though, Panel will have to get awfully polished to become an alternative.)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Position (time) no longer correct in JRemote (iOS 12)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 11:11:38 am »

I have some time this morning to play with the system, so I'll keep an eye on its behavior. 

After that restart, everything seems to be working well!

(I may also give Panel another look...)

Definitely works, but I prefer the browsing experience that JRemote's fast scrolling provides.  If I always knew exactly what I wanted to play, Panel would be fine.  For looking through a cover view, though, it seems hard to beat a native application.
Pages: [1]   Go Up