INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Source number of channels problem?  (Read 2396 times)

tlenthe

• Recent member
Source number of channels problem?
« on: September 28, 2018, 08:16:54 pm »

I have a number of ripped SACDs as .iso files.  When I select source number of channels, MC24 always resets to 2.  I'm suspecting this may be because the first set of tracks in the iso files are 2 channel stereo.  MC24 properly recognizes the number of channels in each individual track, however.

Is this intended behavior or a some setting that I have overlooked?

Thanks!

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Source number of channels problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 11:20:53 am »

I have a number of ripped SACDs as .iso files.  When I select source number of channels, MC24 always resets to 2.  I'm suspecting this may be because the first set of tracks in the iso files are 2 channel stereo.  MC24 properly recognizes the number of channels in each individual track, however.

Is this intended behavior or a some setting that I have overlooked?

Thanks!

Typically the number of channels output should be set to match the sound output device channel output capability or settings.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

tlenthe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 04:13:33 pm »

Just circling back to this.  My setup is outputting to 11 channel capable AVR over HDMI.  I would like to use the AVR surround algorithms for upmixing. 

In DSP studio "output format" page, I select "Source number of channels" and "no upmixing or down mixing".

This works OK for a while, but when changing source tracks between 2 channel FLAC and multi-channel DSD/ISO files, this setting reverts back to "2 channels (stereo)" and "JRSS mixing"

I have just installed the latest MediaCenter release but haven't checked if this is changed.  Previously, I was running version 24.0.28-amd64 under ubuntu 18.04.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 03:20:08 pm »

Just circling back to this.  My setup is outputting to 11 channel capable AVR over HDMI.  I would like to use the AVR surround algorithms for upmixing. 

In DSP studio "output format" page, I select "Source number of channels" and "no upmixing or down mixing".

This works OK for a while, but when changing source tracks between 2 channel FLAC and multi-channel DSD/ISO files, this setting reverts back to "2 channels (stereo)" and "JRSS mixing"

I have just installed the latest MediaCenter release but haven't checked if this is changed.  Previously, I was running version 24.0.28-amd64 under ubuntu 18.04.

You should check to see if the Audio->Advanced->Configure output plugin on playback failure is set to NO.
I then suspect you'll see a different error but give it a try.

tlenthe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 03:22:43 pm »

Actually, that did fix the problem!  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up