INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import  (Read 705 times)

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
Auto-Import
« on: October 01, 2018, 09:46:53 am »

Good Afternoon
My set-up is that I use some software named "Lights-Out" on my HTPCs and my Server.

When I turn on (or wake up a client HTPC) then it will wake up the server.,

After 5 minutes of Inactivity the server will go to sleep thus saving trees and the planet in general.

On occasion the server may not wake up. Usually the client application just needs restarting and then all is good but for a short period of time my server library will be unavailable.

I have seen recently that when this happens the library is cleared due to the "auto-import" and I have to re-search for all of the files which can take up to 45 minutes.

A real pain. This only seems to happen in MC24; I didn't see this issue ever in MC23. It seemed to handle this situation more freely.

What I have had to do is disable the Auto-Import and manually run this from the menu each time there is new content.

I have two questions:

1. Is there a setting that I am missing with the Importing perhaps that will cause this behaviour?
2. Is there any chance of setting up a command (in theatre view) that will force a Library search?

The second option would be a lovely feature anyway I think.

Cheers

M

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-Import
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 06:41:41 pm »

1. Yes. In your Auto Import configuration, "Options > Library & Folders > Auto-Import > Configure auto-import" set "Fix broken links" to "Yes (protect files on missing drives)"

What is probably happening is because you are powering down everything, when you wake the PC, the drives your media are on aren't immediately available, Auto Import runs, sees missing files, and removes them from the Library. This would be common enough if you were using a NAS, or external USB drive that is powered at the same time as the PC.

You could also stop Auto Import from running in the background, and just run it manually as required, but you lose some functionality that way. Uncheck "Options > Library & Folders > Auto-Import > Run auto-import in background".

2. No longer any need. Having Auto Import running in the background does this. It would be bad practice to force this with a command to fix the problem above, although it could be done.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

turbofeet

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 05:45:03 am »

Sorry for the late reply on this!

I think I know what has happened now...

Although the files are on my server I have connected to them via Windows Symbolic Links as I have so many shares. i.e.

cd\JRiverLinks\Parents_Movies
mklink /D "Movies_Parents_1" "\\WHS-SRV\Movies_Parents_1"
mklink /D "Movies_Parents_2" "\\WHS-SRV\Movies_Parents_2"
mklink /D "Movies_Parents_3" "\\WHS-SRV\Movies_Parents_3"

I then only need to set up a couple of folders in the library to search but it will search any folder I create a link for.

I think because of this it thinks that these are local files and that's why they all disappear when the server is off.

just out of interest is there a link to the help that describes what each of the 3 options do?

You can consider this resolved by the way..

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 05:28:30 pm »

just out of interest is there a link to the help that describes what each of the 3 options do?

Did you search the Wiki? It is full of useful stuff.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Fix_Broken_Links
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up