INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to get extended M3U option for sync?  (Read 1133 times)

fourkidsco

• Recent member
Possible to get extended M3U option for sync?
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:32:06 am »

I recently purchased a Cowon DAP.  Bunch of reasons why I did this, nice player with all kinds of interface issues but sounds good and has some potential.

However, for whatever reason, the device requires the Extended M3U components to read playlists.  (Start with #EXTM3U and include the #EXTINF: portion).

I noted that some time back there was a similar request...I was wondering if it would be possible to add this as an option for the SYNC portion?

In the meantime, I have written a small script in Cygwin that modifies the playlists sufficiently so they function, but it would be really nice to have it do this automatically.

This is submitted with the knowledge that this is a bit of a corner case, but others have bumped into this in the past (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47230.0) and there is some evidence that Fiio requires this as well.  These fancy DAPs have limited information on them as it is and are a bit finicky, but this would be a fix for at least the Cowon devices.

Thanks!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Possible to get extended M3U option for sync?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 12:32:43 pm »

Coming next build we'll try this:
NEW: Added the playlist format "M3U (extended)" to the types for a handheld to write the #EXTINF portion.

Hopefully it does the trick :)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fourkidsco

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 08:44:13 pm »

You're a Mensch, Matt!

Will let you know if it works.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 02:15:04 pm »

I have also just purchased a Cowon, the Plenue D (It is fantastic...except for playlists!). I have spent several hours already trying to get playlists to sync. The default option in handhelds is NOT the extended M3U option BTW, and I have played with many different options but nothing has worked. Any thoughts from anyone? I have even manually edited playlist formats and nothing has helped.

pgrisham

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 02:39:51 pm »

Got it!!!

I chose the M3U extended option, and then figured out that playlists must be in the root directory. Once I edited the playlist path, the playlists worked. Maybe this is true of all new Cowons? From my research, that is about the only knock against them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up